My new Giant

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Janeyb

Meet Gulliver:

DSCN2490.jpg

Gerry Attrick

Lincolnshire Mountain Rescue Consultant
Great looking bit of kit Janey. Is it an SCR? Mrs A has a much loved TCR (which incidentally has just been visited by the p**ct*** fairy). I'm quite impressed with Giant quality.

OP
OP
Janeyb

Janeyb

It's the SCR4. Shouldn't really have bought it but couldn't resist as managed to get £100 off! Absolute bargain. Only had a short ride on it so far but if the knee isn't too sore I might take it out for a spin later.

Mortiroloboy

Very nice too;) seat angle looks a bit pointy down though:wacko: See if you can keep that 'bar tape looking quite so pristine;)

OP
OP
Janeyb

Janeyb

Mm....know what you mean about the seat angle.....just horses for courses though as I find it more comfy! I don't think it's as angled as that picture makes it look.

Do you have a gentleman's arse? If not, perhaps you'd be better off on a saddle designed for a Lady. If I may be so bold, the back of the saddle isn't wide enough to support your ischial tuberosities, its narrowness means that it sits up between them, putting excess pressure on your ladynethers for which the only solution is a nose-down attitude. This angle means that the saddle cannot support your body weight adequately, you're constantly pushing your bum back up the slope forcing weight onto your legs and arms. Weight added to your legs forces you to use too high a gear. Weight added to your arms makes the bars feel too low which, I'm guessing, is why you've had to rotate the bars backwards in the stem.

I bet you have trouble reaching the drops.

OP
OP
Janeyb

Janeyb

You may well be right Mickle. I certainly don't have a gentleman's arse! Rather large round womanly one actually! Just as it should be. :blush:

I will indeed be investing in a womans specific saddle soon enough.......when I can afford it as all I seem to do at the moment is spend money on bike kit! Should have spent the money on new flooring...not another new bike. ;)

Thanks for the advice.

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
Janeyb said:
Should have spent the money on new flooring...not another new bike. ;)

Get training, and sign up with Quick-Step - have them pay your contract in the sponsor's product :blush:

Top Bottom