My new mountain bike!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I just thought I would share my new 36er mountain bike.

This is just the proto type and is the first build just to see if every thing is where it needs to be before painting.

Then it will under go some hard core testing by me and if it is all good I will start selling the frame and wheel sets :smile:

Attachments

• P1060525.2.JPG
    P1060525.2.JPG
    71.6 KB · Views: 244
  • P1060528.2.JPG
    P1060528.2.JPG
    78.3 KB · Views: 248

Francesca

WOW!! Thats a huge one!!:wacko:more piccies please..

RecordAceFromNew

Swinging Member
Great! It reminds me of a fascinating, but not completely conclusive discussion I read a while ago about bike geometry design in general, and optimal trail figure in particular for different sized wheels, including 36" wheels here. Did you simply scale it up? or did you work out what trail, bb height, saddle setback etc. should be before welding the tubes together?

Look forward to hearing how it handles in due course! :thumbsup:

Fran have a look at my facebook link in my signature for more photos.

RAFN it handles grate even now! This is just the first build to make shore it is all ok before it gets some paint... and there is just one or two things that need sorting before then. But it is GRATE to ride :hyper:

36 is the biggest at the moment unless you was going to make your own rims and tyres (which you can but the cost is a bit too much..)

As for wheels on a bike? I don't think there is any limit on the frame it is just the wheels.. and given thats what I do for a living :sad:

PS thanks ^_^

Francesca

36 is the biggest at the moment unless you was going to make your own rims and tyres (which you can but the cost is a bit too much..)

As for wheels on a bike? I don't think there is any limit on the frame it is just the wheels.. and given thats what I do for a living :sad:

PS thanks ^_^
you build bikes? cool. I think it would be great if somebody would build a bike with wheels like the ones they used on the Penny Farthing!^_^

Cubist

Still wavin'
Wow.

I mean, really, wow

Just to let you all know that I am now in production with the 36er's and am just waiting on the frames to arriving from London. There is a but! and that is the first 11 are already sold so there is a bit of a wait for the frames. Sorry As and when I can I will put photos up on here and on facebook.

And just the same as with the spokes I will always off a discount just to CCers.

Cyclopathic

Veteran
I just thought I would share my new 36er mountain bike.

This is just the proto type and is the first build just to see if every thing is where it needs to be before painting.

Then it will under go some hard core testing by me and if it is all good I will start selling the frame and wheel sets :smile:
Forgive my ignorance but what is the purpose of the huge wheels. Is there a specific terrain that they are good for?

I am finding that there is not a lot that it can not deal with! The more I ride it the more I find out just what it can do

On road, It is very fast and opens up a big urban play ground that I would not of even thought about.
Off road, Fast, Nimble and the routes I could never to ie roots and tree stumps are in the way Er not any more!.
The thing is it will just go over anything! it is like a hardcore two wheeled 4x4.

As I have said before if any of you ever come up / down to York you are more then welcome to take it for a spin.

Top Bottom