My new(old) bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

eyko

So after over a year and a half of riding my around on my hardtail, I realised I was spending more and more time on the road, and enjoying it just as much as going off road. So figured it was about time for a road bike.

After executing a 'rescue operation' I extracted my dad's old road bike from the ceiling of his garage where it has sat unused for years.

One new tyre, some new inner tubes and a bit of TLC and we're good to go.

imag0030lt.jpg

Took it for it's first spin yesterday and was disturbed at just how twitchy it was at the start. But after a few miles (and one slow speed fall off when attempting to change the gears and looking down to locate them
blush.gif
) it started to feel good.

Still not comfortable on the drops, and I think the seat needs to go up a bit, but so far loving life on the road bike. Just wish I'd done it earlier
biggrin.gif

Welcome to the darkside :evil: I'm guessing the Falcon is from the 80's? (based entirely on the colour scheme :whistle: ).

Looks in great nick though, I wish my Dad had saved some bikes from back in his day :cry:

OP
OP
E

eyko

Cheers! No idea if it is from the 80s, but it sounds about right (and I have no idea what you mean about the colour scheme, it's beautiful
tongue.gif
).

And I was surprised at just how little I had to do to get it road worthy again.

Cheers! No idea if it is from the 80s, but it sounds about right (and I have no idea what you mean about the colour scheme, it's beautiful
tongue.gif
).

And I was surprised at just how little I had to do to get it road worthy again.

Beauty is in the eye of the beerholder :tongue:

As the saying goes, 'If it 'aint broke, don't fix it' Glad your enjoying it. If you really want to feel twitchy though, go for a test ride on a new road bike, that will open your eyes, they take twitchy to a whole new level. You'll get used to it though, I had to slow right down just to get a water bottle out with my first road bike, but I don't think twice now as it just feels natural after a while :thumbsup:

Top Bottom