My "oh so clever" fall!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Matthew_T

"Young and Ex-whippet"
Last week, I decided to go out on my bike on Thursday evening. I was going to do 2 laps of Prestatyn. I completed one, and then started the other.
When I went over the railway bridge, and towards the high street, I went left to the bottom of the high street. As it was late in the evening (8.30 pm), there were not many cars around. I was turning right onto the one way system at about 22/23 mph. To my surprise, the back wheel came from underneath me and threw me on the floor. I slid right across the whole road (about two lanes width length), and came to an abrupt stop.
I got up and inspected the damage to me.
  • Lasseration to knee
  • Road rash on hip
  • cut to foot
  • scrapes on right arm
  • scratch on left arm.
As my knee was pouring with blood, I decided the best bet was to go home. When I eventually got through the door, I informed my family and they took me straight to hospital. When I got there (about 9.15), I was in severe pain. I saw trauma and was quickly sent to the waiting room to be seen by a doctor. I was the first one to be seen and three doctors had a very good poke around in the wound (my knee was numb from my own body's defence system. After that (and my mum squeeming at my knee) I needed an x-ray to see if I had any bone damage.
After the x-ray, I had a patch put on my knee and was sent to a ward.
In the morning, I was the first one to be operated on and had all the skin trimmed off and the wound cleaned. I then had internal stitches because of the deepness and a few more stitches on the outside. I was then recovering in hospital for 4 days.

In all, it was my own fault I fell off, and TBH I didnt really think the wound was that bad.

Cannot go on my bike for 3 weeks now!. Bike got off with just a littlle bit of damage as well.

Hip Priest

Veteran
Ouch. Get well soon mate.

apollo179

You say it was your own fault but what happened , why did your back wheel go from underneath you ?
Sounds quite nasty.
Your poor mum.

vickster

Legendary Member
You say it was your own fault but what happened , why did your back wheel go from underneath you ?
Sounds quite nasty.
Your poor mum.

Sounds like he was going a bit quick around the corner at 22/23 mph? :wacko:

Sounds very nasty for sure, get well soon

OP
OP
Matthew_T

Matthew_T

"Young and Ex-whippet"
Sounds quite nasty.
Your poor mum.

Yes the back wheel came from underneath me.
http://s1132.photobucket.com/albums...ction=view&current=Mybigfallmadeevenworse.mp4

OP
OP
Matthew_T

Matthew_T

"Young and Ex-whippet"
Oops. Did you miss the big give way triangle and the double dashed white lines on the road? :whistle:

Well it had just been raining and I decided to go out and get a few more miles in. I didnt think it was going to end up like that but things just happen.

That road is one way, and there was noone about. If I had seen a car coming annd braked hard, it probably would have ended up worse.

apollo179

Sounds like he was going a bit quick around the corner at 22/23 mph? :wacko:

Sounds very nasty for sure, get well soon

Yes i missed the speed .
And it had been raining.
Dangerous combination but still you dont expect that to happen.
Bike sounds like its clanking a bit as were riding away.

Top Bottom