My return to road bikes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
It has been over 20 years since I last road drop bars, a huge break from bicycles while I enjoyed the kind with an engine. The last 4 years has seen off a couple of flat bar hybrid types, but I always felt I was missing something.

Now I have gone full circle (well, some things have changed since then, shifters, materials, BB's, headsets, pedals to name but a few.)

My shiny new bike (how long the shine lasts is anyone's guess)

IMAG0015.jpg

IMAG0016.jpg

(Thanks for your guide Crackle!)

Ben M

Looking good :smile:

I'm thinking that some blue/ blue and white bar tape is in order.

e-rider

crappy member
pie plate alert

HovR

Über Member
what is that bit of plastics real name? and what is its intend purpose?

It's a spoke protector. It's intended purpose is to stop the chain going in to the spokes and getting caught up in the event of the chain coming off the lowest gear.

After a while they tend to come loose, and rattle around horribly. Not to mention that after a while in the sun they often go a horrible translucent yellowy colour.

If you have your low stop adjusted correctly, there is no need for a spoke protector.

Nice bike though! ^_^

e-rider

crappy member
It's a spoke protector. It's intended purpose is to stop the chain going in to the spokes and getting caught up in the event of the chain coming off the lowest gear.

After a while they tend to come loose, and rattle around horribly. Not to mention that after a while in the sun they often go a horrible translucent yellowy colour.

If you have your low stop adjusted correctly, there is no need for a spoke protector.

Nice bike though! ^_^

what he said - they are simply not needed and not cool - the sign of a newbie, or a wally!

bubbles3

Cool looking bike. Excellent taste! Hope you have many miles of fun. From one Giant bike owner to another.:bicycle:Happy cycling!

Top Bottom