My ride around the Purbecks today...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

amnesia

Free-wheeling into oblivion...
Went out for a ride around the Purbecks this morning... Bournemouth - Lytchett - Sandford - Wareham - East Lulworth - Kimmeridge - Corfe Castle - Swanage - Studland - Sandbanks - Canford Cliffs - Bournemouth

Had an awesome ride and took a few phone shots on top of the MOD firing range at Lulworth.

img01.jpg

img02.jpg

img04.jpg

Not particularly fast, but it was a bit hilly (for me)...
Best bit was that for the first time I didn't walk any of it
smile.gif

Kimeridge%20&%20back.JPG

Some lovely Garmin data :

Distance: 54.13 mi
Elevation: + 2764 / - 2784 ft
Max Grade: 20.9 %
Avg. Grade: 0.8 %
Total Duration: 06:23:24
Moving Time: 03:52:44
Stopped Time: 02:25:25
Calories burned: 3954
Avg Watts: 283
Max Speed: 40.2 mph
Average Speed: 13.7 mph
Max Cadence: 117 rpm
Min Cadence: 0 rpm
Average Cadence: 65 rpm
Max Heartrate: 178 bpm
Min Heartrate: 118 bpm
Average Heartrate: 155 bpm
Heartrate Zones:
Zone 1: 27 min
Zone 2: 49 min
Zone 3: 1 hour 46 min
Zone 4: 1 hour 13 min
Zone 5: 2 min

We stopped for breakfast in Kimmeridge at a Clavell's Cafe in Kimmeridge... http://www.clavellscafe.co.uk/cafe I can highly recommend the awesome bacon butties if you're down that way. The climb out of the village is a bit of a killer though
whistling.gif

OP
OP
amnesia

amnesia

Free-wheeling into oblivion...
[QUOTE 1425359"]
Nice one. I'm in Swanage in August. And been there for a week for the last 8 years. Those hills are steep and long.
[/quote]

You need to try the climb up to Langton Matravers (B3069) - there's an awesome pub called the Scott Arms between the village and Corfe Castle, but a 3 mile 8% ride to get there !

rossjevans

You need to try the climb up to Langton Matravers (B3069) - there's an awesome pub called the Scott Arms between the village and Corfe Castle, but a 3 mile 8% ride to get there !

I did this a few weeks ago for the first time - my legs hurt just thinking about it. I was grateful for the pub at the top although they had stopped serving food by the time I got there
sad.gif

Great pics and nice bike btw.

Munchkin100

Im jealous... but then ill be there in two weeks time and again in September, I cant wait. Have spent many many years visiting the area normally hiking and walking but this will be the first time I am bringing my bike with me. So you can give me as many routes as you like.

Top Bottom