My ride is PIMPED! (innit)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bauldbairn

Nuke Proof carbon fibre forks with yellow lettering, avid BB7's and braided gold-coloured brake cable hose.

No pictures then? :wacko:

OP
OP
XmisterIS

XmisterIS

Purveyor of fine nonsense
No pictures then? :wacko:

Tsk! Hold thy horses! I am recharging my camera batteries as I type this beration!
cool.gif

There'll be no bit-chomping in this thread ...
tongue.gif

OP
OP
XmisterIS

XmisterIS

Not everybody's cup of tea but ...

4809075601_b201f23c51_b.jpg

End caps still need to go on handlebars, I need to cable-tie the front brake cable to the fork and I need to change the rotors, but other than that ... I think it looks great!

I just noticed in the pic a few bits of grease poking out around the fork crown from where I went nuts with the grease gun like it was going out of style ...
biggrin.gif

OP
OP
XmisterIS

XmisterIS

I had (and still have) a Manitou Splice fork which wasn't that great - the lockout was on the top of the fork leg and to be honest I hardly ever unlocked it!

After only three and a half years the Manitou now sags so badly that it bottoms out just from me sitting on the bike. I couldn't be bothered to refurbish the Manitou (refurbishing the fork myself would be a complete faff and I might well bugger it up), so I've decided to go the rigid carbon fibre route.

I know most people on an MTB ride with shocks ... but when I started riding MTBs shocks were a luxury! I saw the nuke-proof one on the 'net for £80 and jumped at the chance to buy it.

IMHO I'm better off on a nice carbon-fibre rigid fork than a crap suspension fork!

If I had the money I would by a top-notch fox fork with handlebar lockout, but damn they're expensive!!

Mind you I am a long-distance XC rider, not a nutcase downhiller, so a lightweight fork is best for me.

bauldbairn

If I had the money I would by a top-notch fox fork with handlebar lockout, but damn they're expensive!!

I was browsing in the local LBS last week and noticed a cable from the top of the fork to the handlebar on a Trek or Specialized MTB - I thought that's what it was for.

I've got a carbon fork with hydraulic discs on my road bike and find it(the fork) helps cope with poor road surfaces well. :thumbsup:

bauldbairn

Mind you I am a long-distance XC rider, not a nutcase downhiller, so a lightweight fork is best for me.

My mates a downhill rider - smashed both collar bones last year. He's also broke a variety of other bones over the years. I believe his latest bike is built around a £3K frame!!!! He's forever importing stuff from the states and he never rides on the roads because he thinks it's to dangerous??? He is indeed a nutcase. :ohmy:

Top Bottom