My suggestion to allow SNP to hold an annual referendum

Just a thought, though unusual. Why not allow SNP to organise a referendum for a 2 week period each year until they get the numbers. It will cut the repetitive noise. It will also showcase their other policies and their ability to govern rather than frequent subject of referendum overshadowing everything else. Wont hurt I think.

newfhouse

Regressive elitist lefty
That word again.

Joffey

Veteran
Not sure why so many English are oppose to allowing Scotland to decide their own future? After all, the English love a referendum! Or do they only like ones that give the result they want?

I think it's about time that the English realised that actions have consequences. You vote for Brexit, you isolate the Scots and make them want independence.

Just let them have their vote and if they want to leave then so be it. I thought England subsidised the Scots anyway? Win win.

shep

Veteran
Fill yer boots I say, they should have one.

Last edited:

Edwardoka

Serene Doge
A vote to stay in the UK in 2014 was an emphatic vote for the status quo that existed in 2014. The alternative was uncertainty in the dark, outside, with a wailing and a gnashing of teeth.

In 2016 that status quo evaporated. It ceased to be. It is an ex-status quo. A status mutare, if you will.
Therefore, any mandate from a referendum based upon that status quo is now null and void.

In 2014 I voted yes but I can see why a lot of people would have been turned off, and FWIW, in retrospect I now think that had it happened it would have been a complete disaster.

The wailing and the gnashing of teeth is upon us, nonetheless.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
In 2014 I voted yes but I can see why a lot of people would have been turned off, and FWIW, in retrospect I now think that had it happened it would have been a complete disaster.
Do you mind if I ask what you would vote if we do get another. I keep changing my mind. Always swore I would never vote for it, then for a while decided I would if there was another vote.......and now I am back to not sure again! :wacko:

shep

Veteran
Not sure why so many English are oppose to allowing Scotland to decide their own future? After all, the English love a referendum! Or do they only like ones that give the result they want?

I think it's about time that the English realised that actions have consequences. You vote for Brexit, you isolate the Scots and make them want independence.

Just let them have their vote and if they want to leave then so be it. I thought England subsidised the Scots anyway? Win win.
Must admit not really come across many people opposing the Scottish having a referendum myself, again depends what type of people you mix with I guess?

Top Bottom