My turn for an off.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

longers

Legendary Member
Got knocked off this morning. Luckily at low speed, a bit sore.

Ringing the police now to report it, got drivers address and phone number and the name and address of two witnesses.

Going to get the bike up to my LBS later for checking over. New wheel required and new pannier rack at least.

Anything else I need to do?

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
Get photos of the damage to you and the bike at minimum - think about whether you want to get a solicitor involved at this stage - get checked over properly at A&E. Perhaps most important, have a brew and a choccy biccy.

Keith Oates

Janner
Can't give any advice Longers, but I just hope that you are okay and that the injuries go as quickly as they came. (I know that's not possible but one can hope)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:biggrin:. Glad to hear you are OKish longers! What happened?

Phone the CTC. If your not in the CTC, join them today and then phone them.

ChrisKH

Guru
Glad to hear you're not too badly injured. Write everything down whilst it is fresh as you will have to give a statement of sorts. Better still produce your own statement so that your incident can be logged (and investigated) more quickly by the police.

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
I'm assuming plod were not called (even though they should attend any accident wherer there's an injury).
Member of the CTC? Don't worry if not - check out any of the solicitors recommended on here if the injuries and bike damage are going to cost you money.
Keep the witnesses warm with a phonecall.
Finally - lots of tea

trio25

Über Member
Definetly get yourself checked out, you might be fine but in a few days you might not be. Hopefully you'll be fine though. Shame as its a nice morning for riding!

Get well, echo everyone else's advice. Actually i can't believe you cycled into work after the big Audax this weekend.

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
Incidentally, I found ibuprofen worked better than anything else for taking the bruising, swelling and pain away a bit.

Speedy recovery!

Sh4rkyBloke

Jaffa Cake monster
Ouch - sorry for your accident, Longers. Hope you get it all sorted swiftly - having been removed from my bike by a transit back in January they have just gotten around to making an offer in the last week... no rush!!! :blush:

Top Bottom