My Unrideable Bike...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mpkayeuk

Hello folks, this is my first post!! I have just started cycling again after being very keen in my teens.

I desperately need to lose weight and so I have built this as my motivation (I daren't ride her until I'm lighter in case she breaks :wacko:). She took about 1 day to screw together in the end but I'm not happy with the bar tape so I will be doing that again :biggrin: Sorry about the pic quality, I took them at about 9PM after I'd finished her.

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

In order to get to a decent weight I'm riding 25 miles per day, commuting to work on this:

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

It's very hard work! I started about a month ago and it was taking me 1h25m to ride in (12 - 13 miles). Now, after some route optimisation and genuine fitness improvements I'm doing it in around 54 minutes. Home takes a bit longer because it's uphill(ish) to Beckenham from central London :wacko: Not lost much weight yet, but I think that's because of muscle mass and the fact that I am hydrating much better now than I ever did! Never used to really drink during the day so was probably really dehydrated. I'm expecting the weight to start to shift soon though.

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
That's a very nice couple of bikes there.

Bigtallfatbloke

nice looking bike up top...so what bits did you use and how much did it cost approx? I quite fancy trying something similar one day.

bonj2

mpkayeuk said:
I daren't ride her until I'm lighter in case she breaks :evil:).
You'll have a job getting light enough to ride that. It will degrade over time, and if not ridden, will become so unrideable as to never be rideable again no matter how light you are. The only solution I can see for you is to give that bike to me, and i will look after it and ride it for you until such time as you are light enough.

Young Un

bonj said:
You'll have a job getting light enough to ride that. It will degrade over time, and if not ridden, will become so unrideable as to never be rideable again no matter how light you are. The only solution I can see for you is to give that bike to me, and i will look after it and ride it for you until such time as you are light enough.

NO, i think you should let the youngest member on the forum, which i believe is me being only 13, have the bike until you are light enough, as i dont earn any money so am finding it hard to get a good bike

longers

Legendary Member
very nice bikes :biggrin:

But the photo's are too big for the page - it takes ages to sort itself out. Other than that - lovely.

I'm quite light and would take good care of the red one quite happily, then young un could have my bike :smile:

longers

Legendary Member
Young Un said:
what bike have you got then longers??

Just been cleaning this ready for a trip out tomorrow. Good job I did - three chain ring bolts were loose!

If I get mpkayeuk's red one you're first in the queue :smile:
You'd probably be best sorting yourself out with something else in the meantime though.

Young Un

mpkayeuk, plz plz plz give the red one to longers so i can have longers bike lol.

but then there is more chance of me gettin eaten by a shark than that happening.

ps. this whole reply is just a joke//dream

Gerry Attrick

Lincolnshire Mountain Rescue Consultant
I'll settle this. I'll take that gorgeous red machine as I do not have (and never have had) a red bike. It'll look perfectly at home in my lounge......sorry I mean garage, and I promise to feed it with the best quality polish and lube.:smile:

P.S. Great job and welcome to the fray.

Top Bottom