Mycyclinglog

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Auntie Helen

Ich bin Powerfrau!
Many of you already know and use Mycyclinglog.com to track your mileage and for the CycleChat team to attempt to take over the world - we lost to Bicycle Victoria Forums last year but hopefully this year will be better. We're ahead at the moment, at least.

Anyway, I'm doing a bit of housekeeping to the MCL CycleChat group and if you've not posted any miles for this year I'm removing you from the team. You are welcome to rejoin if you start posting miles but the aussies and us work out a miles-per-team-member average and as we have more team members than them this disadvantages us if we have team members with 0 miles.

So anyway, if you're a non-logging team member you'll see you've disappeared from the team, but if you want to rejoin that's fine. Every mile helps!

Nebulous

Guru
How does that work then?

Do you have to enter every ride manually, or can you import them from elsewhere?

I've just bought a Garmin 500 and am determined to record all my miles, even my 2 mile each way commute. Could I put the info in there from Garmin Connect?

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
There is a .CSV export thingy on Garmin Connect, and an .CSV import facility on MCL- not tried them so don't know if they'll work together.

The Jogger

Legendary Member
Done..............

mummra

Über Member
Bugger I didn't realise this was how we beat the Aussie's.
Now I'm going to feel really guilty when I start my "Winter" shorter commute.:whistle:
Sorry

Garz

Squat Member
How does that work then?

Do you have to enter every ride manually, or can you import them from elsewhere?

I've just bought a Garmin 500 and am determined to record all my miles, even my 2 mile each way commute. Could I put the info in there from Garmin Connect?

I would just post it in one weekly upload as logging a two mile ride would be a chore for me, the minimum I tend to log are 8 miles in length otherwise I would add them up till it's worth logging.

avsd

Guru
I have not posted yet this year but have logged all my trips on garmin Connect. I have 2,985 miles since 1st Jan with a target of 4,000 for the year, weather permitting.

Once I rejoin, Helen permitting, I will export from Garmin and upload onto mycyclelog using the csv file import. Should have done it on a quarterly basis but thought we should hold some miles back to counter the Aussie surge in Dec :biggrin: Will get thsi done in September. Honest :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Auntie Helen

Auntie Helen

Ich bin Powerfrau!
avsd, you have to watch the MCL uploading thing - I did it and it went wrong (screwed up the date format so reject 25.7.11 by thinking there's no 25th month of the year) even though I did it in the format it required. Consequently it rejected stacks of my rides and I had to go through individually to delete the ones it did include so I could start again. I believe a similar thing may have happened to Ianrauk.

My suggestion is to block enter your mileage for each week or something, if you can combine it on Garmin Connect or whatever. Or you might have more luck with the import, but I know the Aussies had problems with that too.

Top Bottom