1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MySQL Fun :)

Discussion in 'Site News and Announcements' started by Shaun, 30 Apr 2008.

1. Shaun

Shaun Founder Staff Member

Some of you will no doubt have noticed the server has been offline for a few hours.

I suspect MySQL is the culprit and have increased the number of open connections to it to see if it improves things.

Time will tell ;)

2. Er whats a MySQL? and yes I did:angry:

3. You could of told us!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. domtyler

domtyler Über Member

What's your favourite select statement? ;)

5. Shaun

Looks like there are still problems so don't be surprised if the server disappears at any time this evening!

Cheers,
    Shaun

6. punkypossum

punkypossum Donut Devil

Don't say that! I only just got back on!!! ;)

7. John the Monkey

John the Monkey Frivolous Cyclist

It's the World's most popular Open Source database Spandex.

We have a few instances at work, although we're mostly Oracle.

8. Bollo

Bollo A Local Milk Person

These are desparate times, and they call for desparate measures. I may even be forced to ..... ride..... my...... bike. A poor substitute, I know.

9. Shaun

10. Bollo

..and on a more serious note, I'm up all night writing a user guide for an enterprise architecture tool, so I sympathise with all IT slaves out there tonight. <bumlick>All your efforts are much appreciated, Mr Admin</bumlick>
    "IT - hardest game in the book. 40 years, man and boy"

11. Sh4rkyBloke

Sh4rkyBloke Jaffa Cake monster

Mostly Oracle for the business apps only, me thinks.... I have put at least 20 MySQL databases on the central service in the last year or so for projects done in PHP. Now if only the damned users would forget about them and I could get on with .Net and SQL server rather than playing around. ;)

12. Bollo

Oh no! :ohmy: The .SQLServer/Oracle/MySQL .NET/ASP/PHP debate!!! This is going to Soapbox, you mark my words!;)

13. Sh4rkyBloke

Sh4rkyBloke Jaffa Cake monster

14. bonj2

bonj2 Guest

might of known bloody linux-based tree-hugging hippies are to blame:rolleyes:;)

15. Bollo

Yeah, bastards! They don't even pay for licences, and then they expect all their hardware to work. And its a true fact that all linux users jump red lights.

Christ I'm tired.