Narrowness

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

simonali

Guru
Why is the board so narrow. I have 70mm of empty space on each side of the bit with the writings in it!

domtyler

Über Member
simonali said:
Why is the board so narrow. I have 70mm of empty space on each side of the bit with the writings in it!

Not everyone has a widescreen monitor!

Shaun

Founder
That's pretty much it, it's designed to fit an 800 x 600 desktop. ;)

Cheers,
Shaun

OP
OP
simonali

simonali

Guru
I don't have a widescreen monitor, but it is set to 1280x1024. I use another forum that uses this software (this is vbulletin?) and they have a flexible width option. It might be a hack though, as I know there are loads available?

domtyler

Über Member
simonali said:
I don't have a widescreen monitor, but it is set to 1280x1024. I use another forum that uses this software (this is vbulletin?) and they have a flexible width option. It might be a hack though, as I know there are loads available?

I use about four different monitors at home and at work ranging from the old laptop in the living room to a large widescreen monitor upstairs. On the widescreen it can be a bit annoying, but on the laptop it's just fine.

I guess it would be nice to be able to adjust the width if you really wanted to, for instance if you only accessed via widescreen, but I personally wouldn't bother.

Shaun

Founder
It might be a CSS style option - one setting for x pixels wide, one for 100%, etc.

I'll have a look and see if it's something that is easy to add. :wacko:

Cheers,
Shaun

OP
OP
simonali

simonali

Guru
I know the system admin on the site I mentioned and can ask him about it if you like? The 2 widths are called fixed and fluid.

domtyler

Über Member
I agree, it would be nice to have the option to turn on this fluid width system, but it might be nice to just be able to leave it as it is at the moment too, which works on most screens just fine.

On a similar vein, would it be possible to have a mobile version of the site so that it will display on a mobile phone screen? At the moment it comes up with some error message about being too large.

Shaun

Founder
I've done a quick-and-dirty editing job on the CC styles and you can now chose from the following:

Default (770 pixels wide)
100% - Will use 100% of available screen width
90%
80%
70%
60%

I haven't gone into any sort of detail modifying forms, etc. to expand / contract them, but if anyone notices anything not working, just let me know.

Cheers,
Shaun

PS. Chose your style using the drop-down at the bottom left. ;)

Top Bottom