Nasty Near Miss Witnessed

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jezston

Über Member
Not really sure what to make of this:

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LgzFFmFUoTc

Video is unlisted at the mo, so only you lot can see it.

Be interested in getting some opinions on the actions of the driver, and the cyclist and pedestrians he almost took out, along with the bus driver he almost got taken out by, and if I should do anything with this video e.g. report the incident - we don't have anything like Roadsafe round here.

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
That guy made a serious mistake there. A wake up call would be useful, I think. It's a real pity there isn't a nationwide Roadsafe.

HovR

Über Member
Even if he really didn't see the cyclist, I don't think he can claim he didn't see the bus he was cutting up!

A perfect storm of stupidity all round on the part of the car driver, the bus driver, the pedestrians and the cyclist. As far as the bus-v-car thing it was them both being pigheaded, the bus could have let him go but decided to have game of chicken with him.

Most if all the cyclist was being the biggest idiot - trying to filter up the inside of a bus and fling himself blind into a junction.

OP
OP
Jezston

Jezston

Über Member
Most if all the cyclist was being the biggest idiot - trying to filter up the inside of a bus and fling himself blind into a junction.

I believe the cyclist was in fact in front of the bus and stopped before the lights changed.

Edit: checked the original footage. Cyclist is stationary, in front of the bus with his left foot on the ground before the lights change. I'm curious as to how you reached your conclusion?

Bman

Guru
A perfect storm of stupidity all round on the part of the car driver, the bus driver, the pedestrians and the cyclist. As far as the bus-v-car thing it was them both being pigheaded, the bus could have let him go but decided to have game of chicken with him.

Take a lok at the vid again. I can clearly see the cyclist, stopped, with his left foot on the floor, before the lights went green. The bus appeared to have just stopped behind the cyclist.

The cyclist was going straight on. The "boy racer" turning right across his path. The "boy racer" should have waited until his path was clear.

Do you deal with 4 way traffic controlled juctions very often?

I believe the cyclist was in fact in front of the bus and stopped before the lights changed.
If you look at his line he has come straight up the gutter at speed and only just made it away from the line before the bus, the speed he was going at gives the imprssion he was was in front of the bus but he wasn't, he certainly was not in primary and he was on that VW golf in split second.

He doesnt look left or right either, he just plows on reguardless - traffic lights only indicate that a green bulb has been switched on, they do not make cars stop.

HovR

Über Member
If you look at his line he has come straight up the gutter at speed and only just made it away from the line before the bus.

So the fact he wasn't in primary gives the VW driver the right to cut him up and almost knock him off? Maybe the cyclist could have been better positioned, but it certainly wasn't his fault.

dawesome

Definitely report the driver, he's going to kill someone. Failing to notice oncoming traffic is bad enough, but he then ACCELERATED toward the people crossing! Was that, like, his revenge for his appalling driving being pointed out?

Top Bottom