Nearly knocked off

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
She decided to pass me as I approached the roundabout, going straight on, but as she decided to pass me, within the last 10 yards. She also drifted left and nearly hit me. I yelled "WHAT THE F#@K ARE YOU DOING" and she stopped. Then I focused and realised it was a woman I work with...

Tricky day at work afterwards; I apologised for yelling but explained that she scared the shite outta me and, anyway, yelling is my equivalent of bibbing the horn.

She hasn't spoken to me all day. Very awkward

Anyone ever had a run in with someone they know?

davefb

Guru
ouch, no...

which roundabout?

I'd tell anyone who did that to me who's a work colleague to poke it and if they don't want to talk to me then good riddance.

I already have had to work colleagues jump out on me outside my workplace (recently) and I told them to f-off.....Explained in the messroom that I was riding fixie when they jumped out on me (luckily I didn't forget that I shouldn't stop pedalling)and explained why i could have come off and it was sorted....Was a bit disappointed with one work colleagues response...(he cycles) who said I shouldn't be riding a fixie in London....I have the incident on film...

Mainly a lot of it in this case is the ignorance of people to cycling.

OP
OP
MossCommuter
I already have had to work colleagues jump out on me outside my workplace

Not wanting to take a thread that I started OT but my favourite is the colleague who gives a friendly beep and wave as they pass. Never fails to scare the bejeezus out of me. I know it's a friendly gesture but one of these days I swear I'll be taking a brown trousered leap off the hybrid, stage left, into the nearest hawthorn!

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Birchwood - land of the roundabouts.

Don't worry about it. I went mental with a colleague a few years back - I was actually in a car, but he was 'racing' another car in traffic (yes both up each other's bottoms) and nearly hit me.

Jezston

Über Member
Moss: she's probably just embarrassed, perhaps even a little scared! I doubt she'll be holding a grudge against you because of it, especially as you apologised. Give it time.

I fell out with a colleague (in fact in the room next to mine) after checking Facebook at lunchtime and seeing a massive clichéd anti-cyclist rant from her appear on my feed. We're ok now, but she still hasn't added me back to her friends! ;)

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
Moss: she's probably just embarrassed, perhaps even a little scared! I doubt she'll be holding a grudge against you because of it, especially as you apologised. Give it time.

I fell out with a colleague (in fact in the room next to mine) after checking Facebook at lunchtime and seeing a massive clichéd anti-cyclist rant from her appear on my feed. We're ok now, but she still hasn't added me back to her friends! ;)

Unfriended!!!....you should be proud, that takes real tallent

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
She decided to pass me as I approached the roundabout, going straight on, but as she decided to pass me, within the last 10 yards. She also drifted left and nearly hit me. I yelled "WHAT THE F#@K ARE YOU DOING" and she stopped. Then I focused and realised it was a woman I work with...

Tricky day at work afterwards; I apologised for yelling but explained that she scared the shite outta me and, anyway, yelling is my equivalent of bibbing the horn.

She hasn't spoken to me all day. Very awkward

Anyone ever had a run in with someone they know?

Moss, she nearly runs you off the road...and she is not talking to you?....whats the problem, is she more senior to you, could this cause you career issues. If not, you are better off leaving the small bigot to it, she certainly wouldnt be on my Xmas list

OP
OP
MossCommuter
Moss, she nearly runs you off the road...and she is not talking to you?....whats the problem, is she more senior to you, could this cause you career issues. If not, you are better off leaving the small bigot to it, she certainly wouldnt be on my Xmas list

Anything for an easy life jonny; she knows I bollocked her, she knows she made a mistake. An apology cost me nothing (I don't give a toss if she never speaks again to be fair), besides, I apologised for the language used rather than berating her per se.

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
Anything for an easy life jonny; she knows I bollocked her, she knows she made a mistake. An apology cost me nothing (I don't give a toss if she never speaks again to be fair), besides, I apologised for the language used rather than berating her per se.

Well said.

Just noticed I missed out the word "minded" from my post. I'm seeing loads of tiny bigots running about the place in my mind now

Crankarm

Guru
I wouldn't have apologised. If I bumped into her shortly after or within a couple of days I would have said in a calm and considered voice something like ........ "I hope you will give me, or any other cyclist, more room next time you try to pass as you nearly had me off earlier/yesterday/monday." Then refer to your helmet cam.

Top Bottom