Need a bike transported please

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

stevew

This is a real long shot but here goes.
I am trying to buy a bike from a guy who lives in the Manchester area and i live in the SE.
Is anyone travelling that way in the next few weeks that would be willing to transport the bike for me ?

Cheers

Globalti

Legendary Member
No but try some courier services - you'd be surprised at the prices. I got a bike carried to the South by TNT for £22. Mind you this was through my employer's account so maybe we get a rate.

Night Train

Maker of Things
I am going from Manchester to a village near J36 of the M1 near Barnsley on Tuesday afternoon if it helps.

We could set up a forum relay like they do on a 4x4 forum I use.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
stevew said:
This is a real long shot but here goes.
I am trying to buy a bike from a guy who lives in the Manchester area and i live in the SE.
Is anyone travelling that way in the next few weeks that would be willing to transport the bike for me ?

Cheers
In June, I sent my bike from Cornwall to West Yorkshire for about £9 using Parcel2Go. I scrounged a cardboard bike box from my LBS, and cut it down to be within the P2G 4 foot maximum parcel length. I think there is a 25 kg weight limit but obviously any decent bike weighs a fraction of that.

You have to print out a label (they give you a link to an image of it) and stick that to the box. They arrange for a DHL courier to handle the delivery.

Top Bottom