1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need a jumper?

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by longers, 19 Mar 2008.

1. longers

longers Veteran

Anybody fancy one of these?

I don't, I'm allergic.

2. buggi

buggi Bird Saviour

i saw this today on the news. it's a bit sick!!!! and they're not even nice jumpers!

3. snorri

snorri Legendary Member

No, and longers you are a very naughty boy:angry:
    You are well aware the mention of these ******* raises the blood pressure of our forumers and gives rise to much vitriol.

4. simonali

simonali Über Member

How come it's taken 18 years to become a news item?

5. simonali

simonali Über Member

I thought you had a doggy? It's not one of those bald Mexican ones is it?! :thumbsup:

6. OP
    OP
    longers

longers Veteran

Jumpers?

What's so wrong about that? :thumbsup:. Everyone likes to keep warm.

7. OP
    OP
    longers

longers Veteran

No, I'm still allergic to her, just takes a while to get desensitised. If I or she have a holiday from each other I get the eczema and asthma again. It would be worse if I was wearing her :thumbsup:.

8. snorri

snorri Legendary Member

ok, let's put it this way ,****.:thumbsup:

9. simonali

simonali Über Member

Get a terrier breed next time. My niece suffers from asthma and has a Schnauzer who causes her no grief. She is also fine with my dog, who is an Irish Terrier.

10. Crackle

Crackle Pah Staff Member

Son no.1 has this problem. Everyone else wants a dog but it's finding one he doesn't react to. Black Labradors seem to be the current favourite whereas Golden ones set him off. I've been resisting a dog for ages but actually I quite fancy one...but sshhhh....don't tell the kids :thumbsup:

11. OP
    OP
    longers

longers Veteran

It's ok, it's been a bit of a problem all my life* but I have grown out of it to some extent.
    Un-neutered bitches were the worst. Poodles or Yorkies would be best but not on my list.

*growing up in a family that works with animals for living was certainly itchy.

12. OP
    OP
    longers

longers Veteran

Crackle - I had a large course of de-sensitising injections as a youngster and they made life bearable, as not being around animals wasn't an option. It could work for your son.

13. Maz

Maz Guru

Quote:they collected thousands of dog hairs from brushes and carpets.
    Sh1t! just how filthy was there house?!
    were they taken from guide dogs? that couple in that pic look blind!

14. simonali

simonali Über Member

Don't get a common dog, get an IT and help save an endangered breed. They're a nice size, don't moult, very intelligent, as happy with a 1 mile walk as a 12 mile one and adore kids. Track down a local breeder and ask if you can have a look with your lad. Everyone who sees my dog comes and says 'hello, I like your dog. What is he?' You don't get that with a boring old Lab!

http://www.weloveirishterriers.com/imagepages/murphysonofslipperyjackwithowen.html

15. "Hair today, gown tomorrow"

Lucky they didn't want something in a 'houndstooth' pattern I suppose...

Woof!