Never ever ever........

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mr Pig

Ha Ha Ha, I even take them off my kids bikes :0)

PrettyboyTim

Maybe you should turn up next week with a child seat on the back as well.

Say... how fast and far do these club runs go? I've never been on one.

ChrisKH

Guru
Floyd Landis, for all his faults used to do this sort of thing. And then used to rip their legs off. That I would like to see or even do.

OP
OP
walker

walker

PrettyboyTim said:
Maybe you should turn up next week with a child seat on the back as well.

Say... how fast and far do these club runs go? I've never been on one.

Depends on club, weather, time of year, which group you've gone with

PrettyboyTim

walker said:
Depends on club, weather, time of year, which group you've gone with

Can you be at all more specific? I've read several posts suggesting clubs can be pretty snobby about the kind of bike you ride, and if your club were laughing at your bike with a kickstand they'd probably be paralytic with laughter looking at mine (fairly heavy hybrid with 35x700c wheels, twin leg kickstand, front and rear racks etc...).

Thing is, I wondered if there's any point to the snobbery. Fair enough if they're going the kind of pace I'd never keep up with, but I'm not that slow on my bike...

OP
OP
walker

walker

to be specific is like asking the length of string. a club in Winter, on a rainy day might well only do 30-40 miles and no cake stop, but yet in the height of summer, will cycle to the coastline for fish and chips before returning, a club like mine that's around 120 miles there and back.
Also some clubs have a slow group and a fast group

If you was to ask the club you intend on joining how fast tehy go it might be a better indicator.

for example, In your situation your better off looking for a touring club rather than a racing club.

Some clubs treat club runs like chain gangs, and that's where the snobbery will shine through, as they will be off like a rocket, and no one really wants to have to wait behind for the new lad with the kick stand and flat bars to try and keep up. Alot of clubs around London, (especially south for some reason) are exceptionally friendly, ring around.

Top Bottom