1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New and old

Discussion in 'Photo Gallery' started by peterdowning, 21 Mar 2008.

1. peterdowning

peterdowning Senior Member

Or should that read Summer and Winter? :tongue:

Got my new bike yesterday but weather means I can't get out on it, so I'm reduced to looking at it, stroking it and taking pictures.

Also don't want to hurt my old bike's feelings so I have a picture of both on my website, www.randomindicator.com

2. fossyant

fossyant Ride It Like You Stole It!

Very nice bikes !

3. peterdowning

Thanks. Nothing actually wrong with the aluminium Ridley/Rondelli (and it's still too good for my legs!) but year end bonus coinciding with potential change in circumstances meant I had to get my 'dream bike' now.

4. stevenb

stevenb New Member

very nice...what made you choose the Roubaix over the Tarmac? I wondered as your other bike has a racing geometry.

5. peterdowning

When I got into cycling a couple of years ago I bought myself a Marin San Rafael hybrid which I ended up putting Kona P2 forks and flat bars on to make it more suited to what I was using it for - road riding just to get fit.

I mentioned that I was a new cycling convert to a colleague who had raced at a high level in the past. He told me I needed a 'proper' road bike, so I think he looked round his garage at all the bits he had lying about and assembled one for me, hence the Rondelli Race. It was probably top-end five or six years ago - 9spd Dura Ace etc.

I don't race and when the chance to get a new bike came along I fancied something that would last me for a quite a while. I'm 47 and have no ambitions to go much faster. Further would be nice! A Sportive or two this year isn't out of the question, hence the research pointed towards a Roubaix.

Will always keep the Rondelli as I'm quite attached to it! :blush:

6. peterdowning

7. Mortiroloboy

Mortiroloboy New Member

...Lovely...:evil:

8. yenrod

yenrod Guest

Better than your Williers Morty' :biggrin:

Proper componentry - Shimano :ohmy:

9. peterdowning

Do you mean there is another type of componentry? Oooh-err ! All my bikes have Shimano written on the silver bits :ohmy:

What are these strange 'Campy' things people have been heard to talk about?

10. Mortiroloboy

Mortiroloboy New Member

:smile::biggrin:;):biggrin::ohmy: