New and old

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

peterdowning

Veteran
Or should that read Summer and Winter? :tongue:

Got my new bike yesterday but weather means I can't get out on it, so I'm reduced to looking at it, stroking it and taking pictures.

Also don't want to hurt my old bike's feelings so I have a picture of both on my website, www.randomindicator.com

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Very nice bikes !

OP
OP
peterdowning

peterdowning

Veteran
Thanks. Nothing actually wrong with the aluminium Ridley/Rondelli (and it's still too good for my legs!) but year end bonus coinciding with potential change in circumstances meant I had to get my 'dream bike' now.

OP
OP
peterdowning

peterdowning

Veteran
When I got into cycling a couple of years ago I bought myself a Marin San Rafael hybrid which I ended up putting Kona P2 forks and flat bars on to make it more suited to what I was using it for - road riding just to get fit.

I mentioned that I was a new cycling convert to a colleague who had raced at a high level in the past. He told me I needed a 'proper' road bike, so I think he looked round his garage at all the bits he had lying about and assembled one for me, hence the Rondelli Race. It was probably top-end five or six years ago - 9spd Dura Ace etc.

I don't race and when the chance to get a new bike came along I fancied something that would last me for a quite a while. I'm 47 and have no ambitions to go much faster. Further would be nice! A Sportive or two this year isn't out of the question, hence the research pointed towards a Roubaix.

Will always keep the Rondelli as I'm quite attached to it! :blush:

yenrod

Better than your Williers Morty' :biggrin:

Proper componentry - Shimano :ohmy:

OP
OP
peterdowning

peterdowning

Veteran
Do you mean there is another type of componentry? Oooh-err ! All my bikes have Shimano written on the silver bits :ohmy:

What are these strange 'Campy' things people have been heard to talk about?

Top Bottom