New Bike Alert

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
looks like fun…

OP
OP
dan_bo

dan_bo

How much does it cost to Oldham?
yeah I was expecting just to have to straighten the bars and set the seat right.

I've been bleating on for years about putting a bike together with a view to developing an alternative career.I'm chuffing sick of fixing mass specs. This, finally, is the first step along that path.

Shaun

Founder
I think you're missing a few bits ... :biggrin:

Seriously though, you ought to take photos in stages as you build it up so we can all see it. I've never seen one build completely from scratch before!!!

Cheers,
Shaun

Keith Oates

Janner
You can certainly claim it's 'hand made' when you've finished it dan bo. As Admin suggested, if you take photos of various stages and post them on here it would be very interesting and appreciated!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OP
OP
dan_bo

dan_bo

How much does it cost to Oldham?
fossyant said:
Wow - can you braise ? What's the tubeset (Mr old school ere !!!)

err a little bit but we've got a brill workshop here in work and a v. understanding boss.......and the most excellent technician in old arny who's gonna show me a trick or two.

It's an unbranded tubeset but http://www.ceeway.com/ where i got it from, deal mainly with columbus stuff, so I imagine it's from that part of the world at least.

Please bear in mind it's gonna be a while before I start taking orders :evil:

longers

Legendary Member
Rhythm Thief said:
Back in the day when C+ was an interesting read, they did a series of articles about frame building. Ben Searle built his own and photographed it all. Interesting, and I loved the idea of having my own name on a frame!
Enjoy, Dan. let us know how you get on, with plenty of photos.

Was talking to a friend of Bens today about this before I read this thread, I didn't see the C+ article but his friend* said he built at least a couple of bikes. A TT bike and a very small one are the ones he remembers.

*the friend who rode the Raid Pyrenean with him if anyone knows him.

Top Bottom