New Bike at 4 pm

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
Ok noted, we have a mugging party, ready and waiting on the meadows :biggrin:

So how about taking it for a test ride from Linlithgow tomorrow?

satans budgie said:
Love to but they insist on delivering to my place of work, so its the hybrid tomorrow.....but the next one......I be thinking so.
Its not a Hybrid the Sirrus Sports 06 is a flat bar road bike xx( well mine was before I converted it to drops.
n654289481_1012745_2000.jpg

Its got no rack and a new saddle now and I've rotated the bars up slightly

OP
OP
ACS

ACS

Legendary Member
theloafer said:
thats the best saddle you can sit on....once it has worn your @rse in...lmao

I think I am deformed 'cause it was comfortable from the first time I sat on it. Now looking for a second but I am not paying £50 plus. I know prices for most things cyclist have risen in price; dollar / euro to sterling and all that but the cost of Brooks saddles are just off the wall.

OP
OP
ACS

ACS

Legendary Member
l4dva said:
Hiya mate, How you getting on with your tricross? I've had mine a few weeks now a love it, I want a full on roadie now!

Should get it soon just waiting for EBC to contact me about delivery. I have a roadie (531c, 105 campag headset - stem etc) but in reality I am just too heavy (+ 3 stone) to do it justice and as we no mountains but plenty of paths and trails I thought the tricross would give me the best of all worlds, I plan to mile eat this year and when I get the weight down perhaps I may try something more ambitious.
Not fit yet but I will be......:biggrin:

l4dva said:
Hiya mate, How you getting on with your tricross? I've had mine a few weeks now a love it, I want a full on roadie now!

satans budgie said:
Should get it soon just waiting for EBC to contact me about delivery. I have a roadie (531c, 105 campag headset - stem etc) but in reality I am just too heavy (+ 3 stone) to do it justice and as we no mountains but plenty of paths and trails I thought the tricross would give me the best of all worlds, I plan to mile eat this year and when I get the weight down perhaps I may try something more ambitious.
Not fit yet but I will be......:biggrin:
Do you both have the Tricross sport triple as this is one of the bikes that I am looking at?

l4dva

Guru
Headgardener said:
Do you both have the Tricross sport triple as this is one of the bikes that I am looking at?

Yeah I have the sport triple. only had it about a month or so now, and its been brilliant! I'm well and turely hooked. My legs still getting used to cyclying so only managing about 2 rides a week. Glad I went for the triple actually, my legs/knees just aren't strong enough for the hills yet, but im going to stick with it the strength will come back with time!

OP
OP
ACS

ACS

Legendary Member
I am getting mine delivered on Friday. It is the triple cause I am a bit of a chunky monkey and we have a couple of climbs around where I lay my hat. Report to follow at the weekend.

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
A triple is very wise, you wouldn't want to run out of gears on a steep climb, just remember to change down in good time. :huh:

OP
OP
ACS

ACS

Legendary Member
Hairy Jock said:
A triple is very wise, you wouldn't want to run out of gears on a steep climb, just remember to change down in good time. :huh:

I have those very wise words ringing in my ears as I attacked a climb yesterday evening. Shame my legs and lungs paid no attention at all. :biggrin:

Top Bottom