1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Bike

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by arranandy, 15 Mar 2008.

1. I've just bought a new bike:biggrin::biggrin: Its a Wilier Izoard Pro. Getting delivered to me either Wednesday/Thursday next week as the bike shop (Wheelbase near Kendal) didn't have my size in stock so they've ordered it from the main supplier. I can't wait, I'm like a dog with 2 tails!!!:blush::biggrin:

2. Cathryn

Cathryn California Correspondant

pictures. we want pictures!!!

3. stevenb

stevenb New Member

The Izoard was one of my shortlisted bikes:
    http://www.epic-cycles.co.uk/wilier.htm

I was going to go for the model upgrade with the DT Swiss Mon Chasseral wheels.
    Lovely looking bike indeed.:blush:

4. Keith Oates

Keith Oates Janner

The Izoard is one very smart looking bike but please tell me it has Dura Ace and not C...............................!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. fossyant

fossyant Ride It Like You Stole It!

Ooooooo !!!! :blush::biggrin::biggrin: Pics when you get it you lucky bugger !

6. wafflycat

wafflycat New Member

Picked up a Cervelo P2C frameset for Wafflycat Minor yesterday. It'll look rather delicious when it's built up.

7. Sorry Keith, Campagnolo Centaur groupset and Fulcrum Racing 3 wheels:biggrin: Nothing against Shimano as my hybrid and MTB have Shimano drivetrain but IMO a quality Italian frame should have a quality Italian groupset

8. I'll post some piccies when the Wilier gets delivered

9. wafflycat

wafflycat New Member

Excellent!

10. wafflycat

wafflycat New Member

Excellent. Good to see you've been brought up correctly! Remember, even Uncle Albert says 'ShimaNO!' :blush:

11. fossyant

fossyant Ride It Like You Stole It!

Oi..... Italian bikes just have to have Campag though - it's just a good job Campag have caught up with Shimano in terms of performance - Shimano wiped the floor with Campag in the 90's - Campag was just bling...didn't work very well then...

12. Smokin Joe

Smokin Joe Legendary Member

It's got to be Campag. Who the hell wants that Chinese tat on their bike?

13. stevenb

stevenb New Member

Shame about the Campag.....gimem Shimano anyday.
    Sadly....whilst the Izoard Pro was acracking bike it feel from my shortlist due to the Campag...:ohmy:
    SRAM or Shimano only....but they wouldn't fit it to the bike.
    I have Fulcrum racing 1's and a Racing Torq RS chainset...and while they are Campag make.....they are an excellent wheel set and chainset that compliment the Dura Ace well.:blush:

14. longers

longers Veteran

Nice bike Arranandy :blush:.

Staveley is a fair trek from Motherwell no?

15. Just over 2 hours drive. SWMBO came to and we made a 'day out' of the trip which included going for lunch in Kendal the stopping to browse the shops at the Gretna Gateway on the way back up the road