new bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I personally wouldn't buy it, much in the same way I wouldn't buy a pair of Armani jeans. I'm sure it's a great frame, but I do think part ofthe price is attached to the name/brand.Ooooh call me a synic!!!

Wafflycat is the one to ask about Cervelo...all the reviews that I have read have been favourable and 'my guy, Mr Mari' of Cycles Mari in St Chinian keeps telling me to change from comfy Look to power packed Cervelo! A good pedigree it seems.
(Buy one anyway - make it a starting point xx( )

OP
OP
buggi

buggi

Bird Saviour
just for info, it weighs the same as the pinarello F3:13 carbon frame. i like it coz i think it looks really smart.

lol, only kidding. I don't really like the look of the Cervelo (personal taste). I wanted to buy the Pinerello, but opted for a Focus Cayo instead as I couldn't judtify the P. If you like it buy it, doesn't matter what it's made of!!

OP
OP
buggi

buggi

Bird Saviour
O O O i was thinking of a Focus Cayo. what do you think of it? put a review in the new Reviews section... .pleeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaassse

simonali

Guru
I was just looking at the Scott CR1 framesets and they do a WSD one that costs 150 quid less than the blokes one. That's sexist, that is!

stevenb

Hey Buggi,
I thought you were looking at at Trek Madone 5.2 sometime back.

Don't spend that money on an all alloy frame even one as good as a Cervelo.
They do other framesets for a little more.
I did look at the Cervelo's at my LBS.....but just didn't like the styling....and also thought as nice as they are I could equal the bike in terms of value with another make.
Hence my current bike.
However.....the Trek is probably the best -off the peg- carbon bike out there alongside the Scott Addict R4- in terms of performance and value.
The beauty of the Cervelo and other comparible makes are that you get to spec them up exactly how you want them and have all the componentry fitted to suit all your measurements......and crucially this makes a huge difference when your out riding it.
Good luck with your choice! Im sure it'll be the right one.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Buggi, the Focus Cayo gets consistently good reviews in Cycling Plus - it might be worth googling it for some +ve reviews

domtyler

Über Member
I have a 2006 Focus Cayo, absolutely brilliant bike. You just can't get better for the money. Very light and excellent performance, I have used it for road racing, time trials, a triathlon, sportives, club runs, even commuting on several occasions. If you don't care about the label then go for the Cayo, if label is more important than value and performance then get the Cervelo.

OP
OP
buggi

buggi

Bird Saviour
stevenb said:
Hey Buggi,
I thought you were looking at at Trek Madone 5.2 sometime back..

domtyler said:
... If you don't care about the label then go for the Cayo, if label is more important than value and performance then get the Cervelo.

how can i put this without sounding a complete girl. o well, i can't so i'll just say it. It's the paintjob.

it just doesn't excite me. i only had a carrera before, so no, i'm not bothered about the name, but i loved that bike because it was such a nice paint job! i can't explain it, but i used to look at it and wanna ride it.

i have got a bike at the moment but it's got an old yellow frame on that someone gave me to replace my carrera frame that broke. rides fine, but it's just not my shiny bike :biggrin: and i don't mind commuting on it but it just doesn't get my heart racing for weekend riding.

that's why i like the pinarello. i fell in love with it. i just think it's gorgeous and even if the spec was a little lower i would still wanna go out on it. as it is, the spec is ultegra, so quite ok, just a few hundred quid more than a focus ;)

but if someone can tell me that the focus is actually the mutts nutts then that might excite me.

or maybe they could just tell me how to make it look more exciting.

Top Bottom