New bike :-)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
An "impulse purchase" 2 years in the making :giggle: , I have had my eye on this bike for a while ...
A Ridley Crossbow :wub: with Tiagra groupset at a price I couldn't really refuse :smile:.
Ready for collection tomorrow!!!!!!! :wahhey:

Can't wipe the grin off my face I am afraid :blush: :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:.

T

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
That wouldn't have anything to do with the free mulled wine would it??

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
Impulse buys are great. I 'bought' my latest bike when I first clapped eyes on the frame and drivetrain.

By bought, I mean made a mental commitment to buy. By latest bike I mean ready to collect in March 2012.

By ready to collect in March I mean thrash out the fine details about measurments and braze ons in January before the brazing and tube cutting commences.

Deposit's paid. First three tours plotted.

Full set of Carradice luggage now in my possession.

Woo hoo!

OP
OP
Telemark

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
Impulse buys are great. I 'bought' my latest bike when I first clapped eyes on the frame and drivetrain.

By bought, I mean made a mental commitment to buy. By latest bike I mean ready to collect in March 2012.

By ready to collect in March I mean thrash out the fine details about measurments and braze ons in January before the brazing and tube cutting commences.

Deposit's paid. First three tours plotted.

Full set of Carradice luggage now in my possession.

Woo hoo!

I like that ... Care to expand on what sort of a bike you are talking about? A tourer of some sorts, perhaps? :scratch: :whistle:
And what are your destinations? I remember a central European one you mentioned somewhere on CC ...
Funnily enough I was daydreaming about western Scotland yesterday afternoon/evening :wub:

T

I don't have the impulse to buy this though :ohmy:

How can something with ...

• Top-of-the-range smooth-action Shimano Dura-Ace Di2 electronic 2x 10 shifters.
... have ...
FRONT BRAKE SRAM Black Red
REAR BRAKE SRAM Black Red
BRAKE LEVERS SRAM Red
FRONT DERAILLEUR SRAM Black Red
REAR DERAILLEUR SRAM Black Red
SHIFT LEVERS SRAM Black Red, 10-speed
CASSETTE SRAM Black Red, 10-speed, 11-25t
... or am I missing something?

Nice one Tele; I think cycloX bikes are some of the most versatile bikes out there :becool:

OP
OP
Telemark

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
:wahhey: The bike is settling in nicely in its new home, and is making friends with its stable mates. The photos are downloading just now, and I've got to go and prepare dinner for friends, so I may be gone for some time :whistle: ...

We got on well with each other :wub:, flying over the setts in our street ... it's so light and responsive! Sadly a proper ride will have to wait for a wee while ... but in the meantime it's not too dirty (yet). :biggrin:

T

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
I like that ... Care to expand on what sort of a bike you are talking about? A tourer of some sorts, perhaps? :scratch: :whistle:
And what are your destinations? I remember a central European one you mentioned somewhere on CC ...
Funnily enough I was daydreaming about western Scotland yesterday afternoon/evening :wub:

T

It's a Woodrup Chimera to be built with 853 tubing, Rohloff hub, and belt drive. I'm not taking up the option of the S&S couplings as I don't intend to fly anywhere with the bike in two pieces.

I'm aiming to do a coast to coast ride at Easter, probably Way of the Roses. Yorkshire Wolds cycle route in June then off to Passau in Germany to pedal along the Danube to Budapest. Scotland is on next year's rides on the east coast for a change.

OP
OP
Telemark

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
Wow that's some bike, Vernon! A good companion on your tours ...
Lots of nice cakes in Austria, savoury pies aren't a local strong point ;), but I believe there are some to be had.

Eastern Scotland makes for excellent cycling, let us know when you are travelling north, I am sure CC Ecosse could put together a welcome committee :thumbsup: ...

T

Top Bottom