New Bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Farky

Morning all, as much as I enjoy my Specialized Langer (2009), I've had it a few years now and although most of the parts have been replaced, it just feels a little tired to me and the frame has some pretty bad signs of wear including some ugly oxidisation. Anyway, the reason I'm telling you this is because I don't want some of you telling me to keep the bike and show it some TLC blah blah blah. Now we've established that I would like a new bike, my question is; which fixed gear bike should I go for? I like to get from A to B as quick as I can, the frame will be the biggest factor as I have good parts (brakes and wheels etc) to go on the new bike (if need be) and if I had to be honest, the Langster did seem very stiff which may be good in some ways but I would like some comfort with speed. No real budget but I wont be spending 000's on a fixed...

Suggestions welcome and pictures/links would be even better.

D

Deleted member 1258

Pearson Touche, I've had mine 4 years now and its been excellent.

http://www.pearsoncycles.co.uk/store/product/29718/Pearson-Touché-Gunmetal-480mm/

Norm

Hmm... does this mean you might be selling the Langster and, if so, what size is it?

Just, you know, asking like. ^_^

OP
OP
Farky

Farky

Hmm... does this mean you might be selling the Langster and, if so, what size is it?

Just, you know, asking like. ^_^

Sorry but it wont be for sale. I'm going to look at different gearing on any new bike I get which I don't think I'll be doing any big hills on. Therfore, I'll keep the Langster for any hilly rides.

jayonabike

Powered by caffeine & whisky
I find it very comfortable, compared to my geared bike( alu frame, carbon forks & rear stays) it soaks up the road buzz better.

Norm

Sorry but it wont be for sale. I'm going to look at different gearing on any new bike I get which I don't think I'll be doing any big hills on. Therfore, I'll keep the Langster for any hilly rides.
Where is the "Unlike" button. :laugh:

Shame you aren't selling, Farky, but I understand why. I have yet to try SS, let alone fixed, and I'm kinda looking for a Langster but not really doing it seriously.

Good luck with the search. :thumbsup:

Smurfy

Naturist Smurf
If it's comfort you want go for steel. Another advantage of steel is that it can last a lifetime. When the frame starts looking tired you can get a respray and it will look as good as new.

al-fresco

Growing older but not up...
My LBS (Alf Jones, Wrexham) says that Surly have just dropped the price of their Steamroller from £700 to £500 - a nice buy if you want something a bit different - it would feel heavy compared to the Langster though.

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
Morning all, as much as I enjoy my Specialized Langer (2009), I've had it a few years now and although most of the parts have been replaced, it just feels a little tired to me and the frame has some pretty bad signs of wear including some ugly oxidisation. Anyway, the reason I'm telling you this is because I don't want some of you telling me to keep the bike and show it some TLC blah blah blah. Now we've established that I would like a new bike, my question is; which fixed gear bike should I go for? I like to get from A to B as quick as I can, the frame will be the biggest factor as I have good parts (brakes and wheels etc) to go on the new bike (if need be) and if I had to be honest, the Langster did seem very stiff which may be good in some ways but I would like some comfort with speed. No real budget but I wont be spending 000's on a fixed...

Suggestions welcome and pictures/links would be even better.

Oxidisation you say?? :ohmy: where about as my 2008 Langster is showing some bubbling around the fork crown, seems solid enough but I think a new fork is in order. Like you mine is well hammered, quite fancy another fixed and had my eye on the boardman for £500 but money is a wee bit tight so may have to wait.

Goldie

Über Member
Find a framebuilder whose work you like, give them a bell and see how much a hand built frame will set you back - you might be pleasantly surprised... And I think if any particular kind of bike is about self expression,then it's singlespeeds. It'll be spot on having a bike that no one else has.

Or if you'd like something a bit more off the shelf but still lush, you could swing by http://www.condorcycles.com/2011-Range/9456-Condor-Classico-Pista-2011/flypage.tpl.html :smile:

Top Bottom