New Bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Nearly there

Veteran
My new road bike arrived yesterday(first one in 20 years) but due to work didn't have chance to assemble it even though I should to check its fine etc but due to needing pedals n shoes have resisted still as I cant decide on what pedals to get I'm half tempted to put my mtb flats on off my other bike just so I can take it for a spin.I've read the pedals thread several times and was set on http://www.wiggle.co.uk/shimano-pd-m520-pedals/ I've set myself a max budget of £120 for shoes and pedals and will spend most of tomorrow trawling around bike shops.
SDC11517.JPG

PaulSecteur

No longer a Specialized fanboy
You can usually get those pedals for about £20 of ebay, dont be fooled by the ones for £12 - they wont have the cleats with them.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Shimano-P...sure_cycling_bikeparts_SR&hash=item230ceb5d76

Dont forget to take a photo one its built!

Tomba

was your box comfortable ?:laugh:

Funny story regarding the box. I put the box in my bedroom and our youngest daughter and my two nieces thought it'd be funny to sit on it (it was empty). I walked in to the room and saw them and the three of them started laughing about it and next thing you know my daughter fell right in to the box and disappeared lol it was a you've been framed moment :laugh:

My bike is a Synapse and i'm loving it :smile:

OP
OP
Nearly there

Nearly there

Veteran
Funny story regarding the box. I put the box in my bedroom and our youngest daughter and my two nieces thought it'd be funny to sit on it (it was empty). I walked in to the room and saw them and the three of them started laughing about it and next thing you know my daughter fell right in to the box and disappeared lol it was a you've been framed moment :laugh:

My bike is a Synapse and i'm loving it :smile:
Mines a Synapse too,well thats what I ordered wont know till I open the box:laugh:

Tomba

Mines a Synapse too,well thats what I ordered wont know till I open the box:laugh:

I got the 2011 Tiagra version from PedalOn for £600. My first road bike since my Raleigh Arena (1981ish) :smile:

I had a problem with the Maddux wheels, well actually it was the Formula hub on the front. Sent it back to PedalOn and Cannondale replaced both wheels under warranty with upgraded Shimano wheels. A pain not to use the bike for a week but nicer wheels supposedly.

OP
OP
Nearly there

Nearly there

Veteran
I got the 2011 Tiagra version from PedalOn for £600. My first road bike since my Raleigh Arena (1981ish) :smile:
Ive got the tiagra too,well hopefully ;)its the first thing I'll do tomorrow Is build it,Still tempted to put the flats on And take It for A spin.

vickster

Legendary Member
Put the pedals on, going to be a lovely mild day...you don't have to have clipless pedals on a roadbike for the cranks to go round ;)

Tomba

Ive got the tiagra too,well hopefully ;)its the first thing I'll do tomorrow Is build it,Still tempted to put the flats on And take It for A spin.

Have you saw the pedals that come with the bike? They're actually pretty good, toe clips ad straps. I swapped my spd pedals from the hybrid to the Synapse and put the clip/strap ones on the hybrid.

Top Bottom