New camera time

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cab

My old ATC2000 is misbehaving more often than it behaves now. Time, perhaps, for a new camera.

The ATC2k wasn't bad. Didn't do well under street lights, but in daylight it was good enough.

Whats good on the market now?

Cab said:
My old ATC2000 is misbehaving more often than it behaves now. Time, perhaps, for a new camera.

The ATC2k wasn't bad. Didn't do well under street lights, but in daylight it was good enough.

Whats good on the market now?

If your looking to keep costs down get the Muvi (or do as I did and get a copy, i.e. the MD80 which is even cheaper). Very good for the money, so you could get two! :becool:

Cab said:
Hang on... Found it, ta. Are the recent films of yours done on one of those?

This video and this video have some rear footage in it. The rear footage is from the MD80.

More info can be found in this thread. The MD80 (whic can be got very cheep of of ebay is basically the same camera as the Muvi.

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
magnatom said:
If your looking to keep costs down get the Muvi (or do as I did and get a copy, i.e. the MD80 which is even cheaper). Very good for the money, so you could get two! :becool:

HOLD ON.

my Muvi is playing up (after only a month)

Three issues:

1. It just turns off when running (after a few minutes and for no reason), so you loose confidence that it is ever recording when you "need it"

2. Video Files (that it does capture) are becomming corrupted (probably a symptom of it turning off halfway through filming)

3.Battery life is now 35-40 mins TOPS! the cold really effects these and it is killing the run time on mine.

I have had all of these faults over the last 4 days and have not had a chance to sit down with the manual and see if it is user error... Once I've satisfied myself that I'm not doing something wrong, I'll be sending this back to Veho...I would expect more than a months use for my cash.

jonny jeez said:
HOLD ON.

Three issues:

1. It just turns off when running (after a few minutes and for no reason), so you loose confidence that it is ever recording when you "need it"

2. Video Files (that it does capture) are becomming corrupted (probably a symptom of it turning off halfway through filming)

3.Battery life is now 35-40 mins TOPS! the cold really effects these and it is killing the run time on mine.

I have had all of these faults over the last 4 days and have not had a chance to sit down with the manual and see if it is user error... Once I've satisfied myself that I'm not doing something wrong, I'll be sending this back to Veho...I would expect more than a months use for my cash.

Mmm. I've not had mine long enough yet. I'll keep a close eye on it.

thomas

the tank engine
jonny jeez said:
HOLD ON.

Three issues:

Oh no!! :tongue: Don't blame me!! I emailed veho the other day and got a quick response! I'll try taking mine out in a cold day to see if any of what you said happens to mine too.

Cab...my signature has a review of it!

OP
OP
Cab

Cab

Cheers guys! I'll take this all into consideration...

1. turn off the 'vox' setting if you had it on. My cheap ebay one has been doing a strange 1min59second recordings, though didn't have this on the muvi.
2. Are you turning it off with the switch while the green light is flashing? Use the top button, it'll go to the blue light.
3. Battery life and cold weather, not had this but I notice those things get warm while on, maybe wrapping and insulating it might help a little.

Try formatting the card.

The people at Veho, seem helpful if you think its buggered.
Go to the website contacts, think there was an address via their direct shop.

jonny jeez said:
HOLD ON.

Three issues:

magnatom said:
This video and this video have some rear footage in it. The rear footage is from the MD80.

More info can be found in this thread. The MD80 (whic can be got very cheep of of ebay is basically the same camera as the Muvi.

I got the really cheap ebay cam too (under £13 posted from Hong Kong with push buttons rather than switches like veho and md80) It's fine during the day, hard to get the on screen date stamp on the right date though, not great at night, same low light picture but it looks very slow, like the frame rate is really low.

semislickstick said:
I got the really cheap ebay cam too (under £13 posted from Hong Kong with push buttons rather than switches like veho and md80) It's fine during the day, hard to get the on screen date stamp on the right date though, not great at night, same low light picture but it looks very slow, like the frame rate is really low.

Mine is definitely an MD80 clone, as it has the slide switches. I didn't know you could get a date stamp on it. Can't find that in the manual. How'd you do that?

magnatom said:
Mine is definitely an MD80 clone, as it has the slide switches. I didn't know you could get a date stamp on it. Can't find that in the manual. How'd you do that?

Don't think its on the md80 or veho types, the next lot of veho 'pro' cameras that say they are 30fps seem to have it, and there clones. I think mine must be a cheapo clone of that.

But to get the date stamp to work you have to sync it with the computer each time you use it! You update a little 'TAG' notepad file and drop it in the root folder. So, mine goes to default most of the time which is 2008!

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
thomas said:
Oh no!! ;) Don't blame me!!
Cab...my signature has a review of it!

LOL, never would;)

semislickstick said:
1. turn off the 'vox' setting if you had it on. My cheap ebay one has been doing a strange 1min59second recordings, though didn't have this on the muvi.
2. Are you turning it off with the switch while the green light is flashing? Use the top button, it'll go to the blue light.
3. Battery life and cold weather, not had this but I notice those things get warm while on, maybe wrapping and insulating it might help a little.

Try formatting the card.

The people at Veho, seem helpful if you think its buggered.
Go to the website contacts, think there was an address via their direct shop.

Thanks SS. I was planning a format to try and solve the corruption bit.

As far as the 1.59 recordings go, that sounds just like my issue, I switch on the power (blue light), switch on the vox the light starts to flash green, so off i go.

Then later I find that all the lights are out and the cam has just stopped...for no reason (sometimes with a solid green light, which I think indicates a full card...it's empty)

I then turn the power and vox off, then power back on (get a blue light), then pop the vox on and off she goes flashing green for 30 minutes and then again automatically until the battery fails (at about a further 40 minutes...as it has wasted some battery power already)...odd

The battery thing is something I am sure I can live with and will look at insulating the cam as it does get really, really cold especially on the motorbike which is when the battery lasts the least...(kinda obvious I guess , although it does fit inside my crash helmet so you would think it was a little warmer)

On Chitty, the battery lasts just over the hour so I catch all of my commute in, but never all of it home (my commute takes 1.20 going home and 1.05 coming in).

all of the above happens more on the motorbike than when on Chitty, so perhaps its something to do with the vox not picking up enough sound (tucked inside my crash helmet).

I'm going to speak to veho rather than try to drudge through the manual understanding all the lights and running a fault finder. I am happy for them to rell me if I am doing something wrong or if I have broken it by riding outdoors with it, if so I will inform you all.

Top Bottom