New Chainset needed

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Seems ok for the price, you may need a new chain as well, the old one may slip on the new rings.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
That's not a bad price, depends upon what chainset you already have, and if you can change the chain rings. A decent chainring will set you back £20-£30 anyway.

OP
OP
A

Angelfishsolo

A Velocipedian
I have some unbranded triple on at the moment and the one detailed looks a slightly higher spec.

Cheers for all the help.
fossyant said:
That's not a bad price, depends upon what chainset you already have, and if you can change the chain rings. A decent chainring will set you back £20-£30 anyway.

Randochap

Senior hunter
PatrickPending said:
check the wear on the rear cassette too - chances are its worn out and will skip with a new chain

Yep. You're looking at a whole drivetrain replacement at this point. Next time, replace the chain at regular intervals. Cheaper that way.

OP
OP
A

Angelfishsolo

A Velocipedian
Well I have the T303 on order. I have checked the rear 7 speed free-wheel and it appears to be OK; however I will swap it out ASAP. The odd thing was the bike gave me no warning signs of impending failure. One day it was fine and the next slipping severely under load. It will teach me to pay more attention to the gearing in future. We live and learn :-) Thanks for all your help chaps.

Top Bottom