New feature disabled: Visitor Messaging

Shaun

Founder
The forum upgrade added a new feature where people visiting your user profile could leave you messages.

These messages were published on user profiles and visible to everyone; however in some cases they have been mistaken for Private Messages and information has been posted that was not for public viewing.

I can't see that visitor messaging adds much to the forum so I've disabled it.

Cheers,
Shaun :sad:

yenrod

Good move man !

:sad:

What do you think about the friends bit? It's been a bit of fun but it serves no true purpose and could be seen as a bit negative in some ways.

HelenD123

Guru
I agree. It would be a shame if the forum started to splinter as people appeared to form into cliques. We know who we are more friendly with and don't need to display it. I also don't particularly like the bit where you can see who has visited your profile.

Messages off - probably for the best.
We could probably lose the 'friends' thing too, it's not what we're here for really. Maybe put it to a poll?

PS - Oh and thanks for trying! Sorry if we come across as a bunch of ungrateful whingers. :biggrin:
I know that I appreciate the effort you put into this place and I'm sure that I'm not alone. :smile:

HelenD123

Guru
Yes, many thanks from me as well. All your efforts are much appreciated, but we must drag you away from your computer sometime and get you on a ride as well. Look out for upcoming details from Uncle Phil or Soltydog.

Top Bottom