New Fixie

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
martint235

martint235

Dog on a bike
2802830 said:
Make him change the title.
Make???

And it is a fixie some of the time, just not on the commute!

topcat1

vintage Mercian 2012
todays' lesson was stopping and starting and the front brake hold/flip the crank to launch position was practised until i didn't have to think about it

stopping went well i started off picking a distance of 2 metres to stop in then cut that to 1 metre, not too fussed about the run on just brake harder

hills next

Last edited:
OP
OP
martint235

martint235

Dog on a bike
I've actually sorted the stopping bit. And I'm not too bad at setting off (kind of mastered a one-legged pedalling) but I'm still not comfortable with the idea of taking it out in heavy traffic.

OP
OP
martint235

martint235

Dog on a bike
There's your problem. Stop worrying about it and just do it.
Rightly or wrongly, I do go through some narrow gaps. The "reminder" that I've forgotten to pedal will probably be enough to take someone's wing mirror off!!

D

Deleted member 1258

Rightly or wrongly, I do go through some narrow gaps. The "reminder" that I've forgotten to pedal will probably be enough to take someone's wing mirror off!!

The simple answer to that is to stay away from the narrow gaps,

There's just too much to concentrate on without worrying about pedalling

just stop worrying about pedalling, personally I just leave the legs to get on with it.

philtalksbx

Über Member
+1 on just doing it.

I was surprised how quickly it came together. I still haven't quite mastered the elegant stop and dismount move but that will come.

Re Charge Plug - had one for a few months but sold it on - it is solid (quite heavy compared to a 531 road bike conversion) and simple (reliable). The geometry gives quite a shirt top tube so you sit quite upright which is good in traffic. I preferred the feel of the lighter bike and felt I got more power from the more forward position, so I kept that one.

I just put the new flip flop wheelset on today. One lap of the block shouldn't give me a grin like this at my age, ah well.

Top Bottom