New forum software: Video demo

Shaun

Founder

View: http://vimeo.com/31279825

Okay, here's a video I did last night that gives you a basic introduction to the new software.

If I get the chance this next week I'll try to do a few more specific ones covering the new features.

Overall things are going much better than I'd expected so hopefully next weekend we can throw open the doors of the test site for everyone to have a good play with it, with a possible move a few weeks later.

Enjoy,
Shaun :biggrin:

PpPete

Legendary Member
You don't sound anything like I imagined !

OP
OP
Shaun

Shaun

Founder
I've never really felt I have a definite accent due to moving around all over the place as a kid (my dad was in the Army and we lived at just about every camp going in the UK and quite a few overseas as well).

But then I suppose if anything it's most parts Yorkshire - but not in the Leeds / Bradford / Huddersfield sense of deep Yorkshire. Or the "duck" or "love" Sheffield sense either. Or the Doncaster mining community "see thee by eck tha'nos cock" sense either.

I must admit, like most people, I don't really like the sound of my own voice when I hear it played back - it just doesn't sound like, well, me ... :laugh:

Anyway, the idea of the video is to give people a preview of what's coming, and like I said in the OP, you should soon all be able to get your hands on it and have a play because the setup of the layout has gone much better than I'd expected and I've managed to do it all myself - which is quite a saving too.

I've already let a few people have a sneak preview and the response so far seems to have been positive - but then maybe they're still dazed and confused by it all ... :wacko:

It's better for using though, so hang tight for a week or so whilst I twiddle with a few minor bits and then you can all get a feel for it and suss out the new features for yourselves.

Cheers,
Shaun :biggrin:

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
Also in real life as a few of us discovered at the CycleChat picnic in summer...

he can really talk for England and when he says that, he means it!
thumbsup.png

coffeejo

Ælfrēd
As you say Shaun, it is a piece of cake really, complete with pictures of cake! :thumbsup:

Lovely voice! :biggrin:

Who knew that Shaun was such a fan of all things cake? :biggrin:

OP
OP
Shaun

Shaun

Founder
Don't ask me to say five and nine ... thems proper Yorkshire folk will 'get' that one. :smile:

Manonabike

Über Member
Maybe a silly question but where does privacy stand when somebody shares a thread in, say facebook, without the knowledge of other thread participant?

Top Bottom