New hi-vis hat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Auntie Helen

Ich bin Powerfrau!
Well I decided, having got cold ears and wet head t'other day, that a new hat was in order for cycling. I wanted it to be waterproof and when I came across a high-vis one on Ebay it seemed just the ticket.

Problem is... who looks good in orange?

And can anyone, let along an aging Essex blonde, carry it off?

Here it is modelled by my friend Lucy. Tell me if you think I would retain even a shred of coolness if I ever wore this in public!

DSCF4676.jpg

DSCF4680.jpg

DSCF4679.jpg

Noodley

Well, you'll get noticed. But probably laughed at.

And as for coolness - not a chance. :tongue:

OP
OP
Auntie Helen

Auntie Helen

Ich bin Powerfrau!
I have to say the hat isn't as comfortable as my previous ordinary baseball cap (which doesn't keep the rain off or my ears warm, however).

Night Train, do you want the hat or the dog?

I'm thinking of taking the hat with me to the CC ride on Tuesday (it will clear South East London of all traffic within a 5 mile radius) and get the other CCers to model it, to see if ANYONE can possibly look good in it!

wafflycat

It's the same colour as one of my waterproof jackets...

DJ

Formerly known as djtheglove
Auntie Helen said:
I have to say the hat isn't as comfortable as my previous ordinary baseball cap (which doesn't keep the rain off or my ears warm, however).

Night Train, do you want the hat or the dog?

I'm thinking of taking the hat with me to the CC ride on Tuesday (it will clear South East London of all traffic within a 5 mile radius) and get the other CCers to model it, to see if ANYONE can possibly look good in it!

That's a great idea I'll model it if you like!:biggrin:

Arch

Married to Night Train
I'm no expert (that's an understatement), but I wouldn't be that surprised if the hat actually turned out to be 'well bad', or 'wicked' or something... Lets face it, kids who can wear their trousers half way down their arses, and those hats perched up high on their heads so that it looks like they have their hair up in a bun underneath, will wear anything....

Arch

Married to Night Train
Night Train said:
Hat? What hat?
Oh, the dog's hat.:biggrin:

Well, sweet ikle doggie will have to bring her hat along to keep her head dry when it rains.:smile:

Did you think those were the dog's real ears?:biggrin:

Top Bottom