New member - new bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Franstheman

Hello,
I'm new to this site and to chat rooms in general!
To introduce myself:
I'm 64 and live in Burnley in Lancashire. If there is anyone local I will be pleased if they touch base with me.
I've been cycling since my teens and love it.:biggrin:
I own 3 bikes:
A Marin Hybrid which is my workhorse.
A 14 year old Ribble road bike which I've converted to fixed when the original back hub packed up, the group set parts being no longer available.
And my new purchase: An Orbea Diem Drop. (see attachment).
It is a little unusual in that it is fitted with disc brakes rather than the usual caliper brakes, but it ticked all the boxes that I wanted ticking:
A road bike for the Sunday run that would double up for lightweight touring. The carbon frame has clearances for mudguards and has the appropriate fixing points though one will have to use a bit of inginuity to get around the disc brakes. It will even take a rack though I don't expect that my touring requirements will extend to that.
If anyone else out there has one please respond and share your experiences.
Excuse my using an attachment. I haven't sussed this uploading business yet!

iLB

Hello there
*exhales* that is a very smart looking piece of kit you have there, i'm not jealous... honest;):biggrin:

Hello Franstheman - nice bike - I bet you can't wait for the warmth on your back. Enjoy browsing around here and drop into the café where there is a table full of old gits wise people, moaning offering friendly advice about this and that...:biggrin:

jags

Guru
would you really put a rack on that bike.

OP
OP
F

Franstheman

No Punky Possum, I'm not a member of the Garstang Club, it must have been another guy with good taste.
Well spotted Windy Rob. I'm surprised that you didn't also notice that the saddle wasn't set to the right height for me.
Franstheman

Top Bottom