New personal best!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

coffeejo

Ælfrēd
I went in to my LBS in town this morning to see about race guards for the roadbike for winter and managed to clock up an average speed of 16.9mph, most definitely a new personal best for me!

:wahhey:

Admittedly, it's only twelve and a half miles but who cares? I woz fast (for me!).

*wanders off, feeling smug*

Chipper

So what's brouggt on this 'form'? Well done btw

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Well done !

Beating your personal best is something to be celebrated , do not compare yourself to others as there will always be someone faster or slower than you .
If you see an improvement celebrate !! .....

Not to much cake though or it might counteract all the hard work :biggrin:

daSmirnov

My averages have sunk well down since moving to Horsham. Average commute speed in Aldershot 16mph over the last few months. In Horsham I'm down to about 13mph! Damn traffic lights. Recreational rides in Aldershot and area 10-20miles 16mph. Here, about 10 miles, and I'm at 14mph! Damn cars in my way.

Urgh. Got some work to do to make up for the traffic and traffic lights!

DiddlyDodds

Random Resident
I went in to my LBS in town this morning to see about race guards for the roadbike for winter and managed to clock up an average speed of 16.9mph, most definitely a new personal best for me!

:wahhey:

Admittedly, it's only twelve and a half miles but who cares? I woz fast (for me!).

*wanders off, feeling smug*

Has you misses been slipping in some clenbuterol contaminated meat into your pies and stews..

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
How are you guys so fast? My average speed on my pushbike is only about 8 or 9 mph

Depends on what sort of bike you ride, traffic, hills , how hard you push yourself etc etc so comparing like for like is meaningless.
My commute average is 18 mph over 10 miles but i do not have a single traffic light, at the weekend i might go out with the cycle club whos fast group average is 20 mph for 50-60 miles but i get dropped at that pace.If your happy with your ride and your improving then do not worry about what others are doing .

Nice going Jo, my old commute on a flat bar town bike I was only in the region of 12.5-15mph depending how I was feeling and traffic/ lights. Admittedly I average a fair bit faster on other rides on my road bikes but that is for leisure, somebody said 'its not about the bike' it bl**dy well is but there are other factors too ;)

OP
OP
coffeejo

coffeejo

Ælfrēd
Thanks, guys. After being forced to drop out of Sunday's ride after half an hour as my legs were refusing to work, I was especially pleased with today's short but oh-so-sweet ride. I think I can cope with pain if it's followed by a gain.

Oh, did someone say BOGOF on cakes? :hyper:

Top Bottom