New ride but I'm not happy

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bettsy82

So having the excitement of taking delivery of my new hybrid I had the stand clamp set up and all the tools set out So perfect you'd think James May had been round... So it turned up with the usual wheel nut sticking out the side of the box "always a good start" took it all out clamped the frame in than Bang first issue one of the spokes was bent a near right angle how it hadn't snapped I don't know, 2 issue on that same wheel there was a 1in gash got the alloy. Wheel and to top it off the inner tube had popped out underneath the Tyre ??????? And the killer blow came when I looked at the forks Jesus it looked like it had been hit with a hammer and then sanded down with a brick So ATM I'm not a happy bunny

Altus

Regular
I'd be straight on the phone to complain and get a new bike sent.

RecordAceFromNew

Swinging Member
Do it in writing by email. No need to argue later what was said and not said.

Since it is with you it is an opportunity to check everything out in case you would rather have a refund rather than a replacement.

Speedywheelsjeans

Not necessarily the companies fault. Could have been damaged in delivery, I had my front wheel mounts bent in transit before, i just used a wrench and pulled it straight again. Obviously in your case its more complicated, but the company will usually be happy to help to keep customers happy :thumbsup:, especially if they have postal insurance

OP
OP
Bettsy82

Bettsy82

I have been offered a swap and it's going to be delivered personally and fully set up on delivery can't say fairer than that

Gary E

Veteran
I bought a new bike from Tredz last year. It turned up with a very buckled front wheel.
I sent photos of the bent wheel and the totally trashed box.
I even asked the delivery driver to note on his paperwork that the box had arrived damaged (I didn't know about the wheel at this point).
They offered to send me a new wheel, if and when I packaged up the bent one and sent it back, at my expense.
Eventually they agreed to pay the postage and send the new one before they got the old one back.
I had to sit and look at my new bike for a week before the wheel turned up and I never got the postage refunded.
I bought another new bike last month - guess where I didn't buy it from? :laugh:

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
Don`t you just love small family businesses.

Bettsy, I was just wondering why you are using the combined services emblem?

Steve

OP
OP
Bettsy82

Bettsy82

Yes mate sure is, family history and respect, my grandad was a commando 60s.70s that started the ball rolling in my family 2 brothers and 1 cousin joined the royal marines another cousin RAF, family history fate. Ended up with all 4 of them serving combined services..... I was 4 week away from me starting my RM test before I had my accident, that put an end to that lol

Top Bottom