New route to work

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

potsy

Rambler
Been thinking of doing an offroad commute for ages but never got round to trying it out..until today.
Good fun, though it will be a decent weather only run I feel, certainly until I get a more suitable bike than my hybrid with 28mm road tyres on.
Some pics-
resized 1.JPG
resized 2.JPG
resized 3.JPG
resized 4.JPG
resized 5.JPG
resized 6.JPG

I now NEED a CX bike, before I only WANTED one :biggrin:

coffeejo

Ælfrēd
Top tip: your commute time will be quicker if you stay on the bike :whistle:

gb155

Fan Boy No More.
Pots my man

This is what it would look like on a CX, these were taken today.

PS- Gaz, are they big enough ?

:smile:

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1314723939.166271.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1314723939.166271.jpg
    472.4 KB · Views: 56
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1314723970.571709.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1314723970.571709.jpg
    473.3 KB · Views: 105
OP
OP
potsy

potsy

Rambler

Yes mate, side of the river from Northenden/Didsbury golf course, then joined the TPT until Stockport.
Got a bit confused at Tesco/Reddish Vale lots of little trails and paths but eventually found the right way up to Brinnington.
What's it like after that? I turned back there as I'd only planned to be out a couple of hours.

400bhp

Guru
Nice. I sometimes cycle up part of the TPT towards Manchester when I'm on the hybrid (might do it tomorrow if it stays dry).

Makes a pleasant change.

To be honest I try and vary the route as much as I can, even if that means taking one different street-just helps to keep things fresh.

OP
OP
potsy

potsy

Rambler
I do the same mate, just little changes like going through Wythy park instead of round it makes the commute more interesting.
Been thinking of doing the off-road bit for ages just needed a run through to check if it was do-able on the hybrid.
It is, just.

Will probably just do sections of it for now, and keep the variety up on both bikes. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
potsy

potsy

Rambler
REAL men don't use them Pots :smile:

real men get covered in cow sh*t :laugh:

Did the route again today, it's gonna take an extra 10-15 minutes to get to work so not too bad.
Some sections just cannot be ridden fast due to the terrain, others have peds/kids on bikes/dog walkers etc so have to be sensible.

Will be a wintery but dryish day route only I think, tempted to try it in the dark with my 2 Hopes but not sure if I have the confidence in my offroad ability :tongue:

gb155

Fan Boy No More.
real men get covered in cow sh*t

Did the route again today, it's gonna take an extra 10-15 minutes to get to work so not too bad.
Some sections just cannot be ridden fast due to the terrain, others have peds/kids on bikes/dog walkers etc so have to be sensible.

Will be a wintery but dryish day route only I think, tempted to try it in the dark with my 2 Hopes but not sure if I have the confidence in my offroad ability

But you wouldn't know, as you have mud guards :smile:

Do it in the dark, the canal with nothing for light but my magic shine is something else mate :smile:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Potsyy, excuse the reply, its on the phone. If you take the first styal on the right after crossing from Tesco, excusing the ruddy building works. Follow that up past the new business park. You will see a TPT sign pointing down into reddish vale and straight on. Go straight on, through the tunnel and it brings you out in the estate to the west of the m60. Head north, then you will hit the main rd. You know where you are here.

If you went into the vale, this is nice but will add on a few miles, and bring you out near hawk green. So you will need to ride back up the hill from denton to bredbury.

Top Bottom