New to CycleChat? Make your first post here and say HELLO :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Shaun

Founder
Hello,

So you've signed-up, got your user account, now all you need to do is get posting .... ah, um, er, What do I say?

Well, it's dead easy - just say Hello and tell us a little bit about yourself and whereabouts you're from (so we can invite you along to rides!!)

Believe me, once you get that first post under your belt you'll be off!

My name's Shaun by the way, and I own and operate CycleChat.

If you need any help or advice on using the forums, or want to ask a question but don't want to do it publicly - just send me a PM (private message).

Hope you enjoy, and welcome to CycleChat

Cheers,
Shaun :smile:

Noodley

Hello Shaun

Priscilla Parsley

are you the President? i have wondered who that it since there a lot of vice types is and if so why don't you use your grand title? I would be milking it.

stranger

hello!

I am an OAP who has been given the gift of a bicycle when my electric one packed up.

I like to think it was a well-meant gift.

But I am finding all that pedalling b***** hard work I can tell you.

So if you find yourself in the south-western part of the New Forest, in Hampshire, and you come across a tall dark haired 'middle-aged' (I refuse to be elderley--so there!) lady, most likely in a blue jacket, on a turquoise bike, going very slowly up the hills and not much faster on the level, it may be me. Wave anyway. :angry:

Hello to all...

This is my second post on the forum, I have kinda gone the wrong way round and what not. Anyway.

Screen name FelixStarsofsky, real name Oliver. I'm a Royal Marine Commando who has just come back to Afghanistan after 2 weeks R&R with my fiancee in Devon. I didn't leave without doing the typical guy thing and "P" the missis off my spending £330 of our wedding money on a nice shiny new Carrera Gryphon (with bling dics brakes haha) from Halfords. Despite my best efforts to convince her that it was a good move because I was saving £70 all she could manage was that terrifying look only a woman can give a guy that can put a guy well and truly back in his box. Now I am back in Afghanistan, she is probably spending a fortune on shoes and whatever else (some <--- keeping it P.C.) women like to spend thier money on.
I have not actually ridden the bike yet and I have to wait a few months until i leave here to do that, but the thought of it is pure morale! Halfords seems to get a bit of stick from what I have heard but the service i got was ok and although wee lad who initially served me was obviously on his first week of an after school part time job by the way he was causing havoc on the till, the guy who was running the show was very helpful and apart from not paying for the bike itself, could not have done more to help me. Hopefully the bike will not fall to bits on its maiden voyage to the local Co-op.
I intend to use it to commute to and from work whilst getting my daily phys cracked at the same time as well as hairing around on the roads between Taunton and Exeter. On my time off after Afghan, i was thinking about taking a week or so out to cycle from my mums up in Scotland to my home in Devon. I had thought about going the other way but I have it in my head that because I will be cycling south, it will be more downhill that up hill! Silly man I hear you mutter haha!
Well its dinner time over here so I'm away to have some delightful rice and peas. Yum.
Take care, Oliver

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom