New to me cannondale slate.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mikeymustard

Veteran
Well one thing's for sure - the bike's certainly a good talking point! I've gotta admit it looks pretty good "in the wild" as it were, that carradice bag gives it a serious trekking look

lazyfatgit

I’ve ridden a leftie. After about 30sec you don’t notice the odd fork. I almost bought one but decided the slate in xl really wasn’t high enough at the front end which is a bit of a limitation of the design/fork size.

The carbon leftie on mates carbon hardtail mtb is awesome. Bike is very light and the front/rear weight distribution is much balanced to my liking. Yes there are a limited range of wheels and servicing needs to be regular but they’ve been around for a while now.

Enjoy your new bike.

Levo-Lon

Guru
Never been a fan of the 'Leftie' just looks like the stresses would be unbalanced. I guess they must work though but to the same level as traditional forks? Who knows? I wonder what benefits they are trying to convince us of.

Seems fady to me. A need to be different.

but a conventional fork only has a spring in one leg?
the single spring damper leg is a good idea.

but i know what you mean ,visually they do look odd

mikeymustard

Veteran
You’re too suspicious! It was just the way I was heading or perhaps sub consciously my mind can’t take the “ fulgliness “!

Either way, it rides great.
Lol don't mind me I'm just an old fuddy duddy. Ive only just got my head around the safety bicycle. Don't get me started on carbon!

Top Bottom