New top speed; 100km/h!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Seigi

Now, I'm not sure how accurate Endomondo is, but according to it my maximum speed during a 20km circular route was 100km/h, if it was anywhere, I imagine it was a part where it was quite a long descent where I was peddling also, but I somehow doubt I was going 100km/h (60mph) ;p My average was a quarter of that though, 25km/h which seems more reasonable :3.

100km/h (62mph) doesn't sound too unrealistic, nice one! I think this one of mine was :thumbsup:
Interference.jpg

Now, I'm not sure how accurate Endomondo is, but according to it my maximum speed during a 20km circular route was 100km/h, if it was anywhere, I imagine it was a part where it was quite a long descent where I was peddling also, but I somehow doubt I was going 100km/h (60mph) ;p My average was a quarter of that though, 25km/h which seems more reasonable :3.

Impressive!! Now try it on one of these: http://www.youtube.c...C4&feature=fvsr

alci4

What software are you using for that? I use the online one, Garmin Connect.

looks like Hlab is using the garmin training centre software

it came on a disc with my edge 705

i do use garmin connect like yourself though as well as the training centre software

daSmirnov

Endomondo's max speed should be taken with a pinch of salt. It uses GPS, and as such if the lock just moves a couple of metres while you're stationary you can have wicked fast speed. I was doing 62.5mph apparently on my mountain bike on rough terrain, when I didn't go over 25mph at all that day. :-)

I base my max speed by what the speed chart says, that's averaged out over 10 or 15 seconds or something and has more realistic results.

benb

Evidence based cyclist
It's the GPS at fault, rather than Endomondo per se, but I think they really could put in some smoothing algorithms to get rid of these anomalies.
There's a fastest 5k challenge, and it's meaningless, as quite a few people have speed glitches on their GPS.

Bicycle

I think you'd know it if you'd done 62 mph.

I've only just made it past 45 and it feels SIGNIFICANTLY dicier than the 38-ish that I reach on many local hills.

I cannot imagine how 62 without a motor feels, but I think it would register somewhere on the mind.

My mental image is something like this: AAAAAAAAAAAARGH!!

Even at 40 I'm looking for bale points in the scenery and imagining nails tearing my front tyre to shreds....

But if you really did that or even got close (or even got over 50 mph) well done indeed. :biggrin:

OP
OP
Seigi

Seigi

See, as someone as pointed out it's probably just a GPS error, but looking through my endomondo tracks, the three times I've did the same route it's all registered above 100km/h, in fact another one (which I didn't notice) was actually 106km/h, seems odd that the GPS would fault 3 times on the same track. I'll have to get an actual speedometer and see what that says.

Norry1

Legendary Member
I think you would know if you were at that speed. My highest speed is 48mph and the adrenalin rush seems to grow exponentially at that speed.

If you are doing it, get a helmet cam on and post a vid for us to enjoy :smile:

Martin

Top Bottom