!!! New Wheels !!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

boselecta

IMG_0206.JPG

After many months of waiting, my C2W voucher arrived and I picked up my new set of wheels. I have never riden a road bike before riding this back from the lbs (10 miles) and was quite aprehensive about the change from mtb to this. but i have found the transsision much easier than i thought it would be!

Love the bike and now cant wait to get some more miles in.

one very happy customer : )

corshamjim

That's a great looking bike. I hope you get some good weather this weekend to take it for a good long spin.

OP
OP
B

boselecta

Thanks, didn’t realise I could like some metal and rubber so much!!

I have ridden the bike a couple of times now and although it is starting to feel more comfortable, this new type of riding position (coming from riding flat bars all my life) I have found is that my hands tend to start ache quite quickly and I find myself changing riding positions quite often. It feels that the way that I am leaning forward is putting a lot of force on my hands, is this normal and something I will get used to?

Other than that I love owning a road bike and looking forward to do some serious miles on it now!

madguern

Great Bike picked up one last year as a conversion from MTB, had same issue with hands too and bad knees. Went back to LBS and had a refit and since then no problem. Great starter bike and over the past year have upgraded many bits and very happy with it.

Scruffmonster

Über Member
You'll probably find that your hands ache for a while but pretty soon you'll find a few comfy spots and your hands will dance between them. This will generally happen around the same time that you realise that you dont have your fingers covering the brakes constantly. Well, that's about what I found, anyway.

I wanted one of those but my boss wasn't keen on putting his hand in his pockets so I bought a 2nd hand road bike instead.

Cletus Van Damme

Previously known as Cheesney Hawks
Very nice bike I have the Secteur Sport. Just wondered are the brakes any good on it? Just I found that they were terrible on mine and replacing the brake pads made a huge difference. Cheap essential upgrade if they are like mine were.

madguern

Changed my brakes from sora to 105, cheap upgrade but made a massive difference, other big change I made was tires.

Cheers

OP
OP
B

boselecta

Very nice bike I have the Secteur Sport. Just wondered are the brakes any good on it? Just I found that they were terrible on mine and replacing the brake pads made a huge difference. Cheap essential upgrade if they are like mine were.
Can't say I have noticed any problems with them, then I haven't had to use them in anger yet! What problems did u find with them? Not stopping u? Rubbing? Summit else?

Cletus Van Damme

Previously known as Cheesney Hawks
Just not stopping me mate as I was used to the V brakes on my hybrid. Changing pads made a massive difference from the standard Tektro ones fitted to my bike. If you are happy with them just leave them save your cash :thumbsup:

Top Bottom