New Years Eve?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

longers

Legendary Member
I'm not angling for an invite but being nosey (again) and wondering what you all had planned.

Out partying till dawn or a mug of Horlicks and an early night?

wafflycat

Down here in Norfolk, there's not much goes on on New Year's Eve. New Year's Eve partying is best carried on in Scotland and Geordieland, where they know how to party properly!

Sittingduck

Legendary Member
NYE plans seem to be open for debate this year. It's aways a rip-off and an anti-climax. Might just stay in or possibly go somewhere small that doesn't charge entry! :ohmy:

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
bugger all. mrs alecetc's working, so the two boys will be in bed, with dd probably angling to stay up for the bells. mrs alecetc should be back around 11:00, so we can see in the new year with a glass or two of bollinger.

stevie_b

I find NYE an anti-climax too. I was going to a party at someone's house, but that's been cancelled. A quiet night in methinks, trying not to hear the neighbours making the two-backed beast. :ohmy:

Noodley

Going to the pub on my bike with my club - we have a pub run every Wednesday. :smile:

Then home and sitting around watching crap on BBC Scotland. When will they get the message that rolling out the same shite year after year is not entertaining? :sad::angry:xx(

Having a BBQ on New Years Day :tongue::becool:

Baggy

Cake connoisseur
We'll be off out for a bike ride and then probably festering in front of the TV with a mug of cocoa and the cat on my knee.

That said, I also have a bottle of Cava and some rasperry vodka which might make a tasty combination...:tongue:

wafflycat

Noodley said:
Going to the pub on my bike with my club - we have a pub run every Wednesday. :smile:

Then home and sitting around watching crap on BBC Scotland. When will they get the message that rolling out the same shite year after year is not entertaining? :sad::angry:xx(

Having a BBQ on New Years Day :tongue::becool:

Fond memories of 'The White Heather Club'..

View: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=odEHDf_pJ4M

And this is the sort of stuff I used to do as a kid...

View: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=22qjzuum-tQ&feature=related

:sad::thumbsup:

Dave5N

Über Member
Dunno. Don't really like New Year's Eve.

Usually we stay in and have a proper unusual meal and get drunk. This year though the other half is racing on New Year's Day and won't want rich food and won't be drinking.

ChrisKH

Guru
Very quiet NY this year. No invites and no babysitters either. :smile: We have decided to make a list of what we want to achieve in 2009, watch a bit of telly and then go to bed early to see the New Year in. :tongue:

Top Bottom