New York-Boston October 2011

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PaulSB

Legendary Member
My wife is planning a "road trip" with three American girlfriends from New York to Boston. I'm vaguely thinking I'd like to go with them but as a cycle tour. I did travel in the three States area north of New York some 30 years ago by car, as this was largely a business trip I have very little recollection of the area, but have the impression it may be relatively rural.

Has anyone undertaken a ride from New York to Boston? Is there some sort of route I might look at to gauge the possibilities? Google maps tells me it's only 220 miles so the distance is not an issue. I'd probably have 5-6 days of cycling time. I am wondering though if the hassle of getting out of JFK and New York in general might be too much trouble? My plan would be to try and find bike hire of some sort as I think shipping my bike that far could be tricky.

Or might I be better saving the days for a tour closer to home?

mike1026

Have a look at Crazy Guy On A Bike lots of useful information and links.

ChrisBailey

Has anyone undertaken a ride from New York to Boston? Is there some sort of route I might look at to gauge the possibilities? Google maps tells me it's only 220 miles so the distance is not an issue. I'd probably have 5-6 days of cycling time. I am wondering though if the hassle of getting out of JFK and New York in general might be too much trouble? My plan would be to try and find bike hire of some sort as I think shipping my bike

Not that I have done it, but there is a well kown Boston to New York charity cycle ride every year.

http://www.tristatet...de_overview.php

They give the route, you could always ride it backwards (not literally you understand, unless you are very talented)

Chris

Top Bottom