Newbie numpty poster here

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mac66

Err. :blush:. How do you quote part of someone elses message in your reply so that it's got that blue background?

I can see a Quote tick box on the quick reply option but mine's blanked out (a bit like my brain)!

Go on. Embarrass me.

papercorn2000

You have a bit of snot hanging out your nose!

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Mac66 said:
Err. :blush:. How do you quote part of someone elses message in your reply so that it's got that blue background?

I can see a Quote tick box on the quick reply option but mine's blanked out (a bit like my brain)!

Go on. Embarrass me.
Like this?

sorry, i should have said the quote icon in the bottom right corner of the person's post you want to quote from. there should be three.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
At the bottom right of the message you want to quote, there is an icon saying "quote". Use this instead of the "Quick Reply" box at the bottom.

four finger flash, me!

Shaun

Founder
[Admin arrives in his CC jersey super-outfit and says in a deep manly hero style voice]

"It's this button at the bottom right corner that you need"

[points super-finger at image below]

quote.gif

[female forum members swoon at Admin's super hero-ness]
(well, one or two appear to be ever so slightly mildly overcome, although that could be the heat in the room or the dodgy pasta they had for tea last night!)

[small child yells "Gee thanks Admin, you're the greatest"]
(Admin slips the kid a fiver when noone is looking)

[Admin smiles sheepishly, turns, and speeds off to rescue other needy forumers]

"All in a days work for Duper Admin" says admin as he zooms off into the distance ... only later realising his speeling miscake!

[Announcer] "Tune in for next weeks exciting episode - How do I do multiple quotes?"

:sad:

Top Bottom