Newbie Tyre Choice Help!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

quikanth

Regular
Hello All

Probably another stupid post asking the same old stupid newbie questions, but here goes,

Doing my charity ride next sunday and currently dont have any spare inner tubes or tyres for my bike!

I'm looking to purchase a set incase the inevitable happens.

The bike currently has; Specialized Mondos (700 x 23).

I've had a look on various sites and (Edinburgh Co-Op & Wiggle), and the amount of different tyres, treads and colours baffle me!

These seem pretty decent price; http://www.wiggle.co.uk/vittoria-rubino-pro-folding-clincher-tyre/

I want something of similar quality and something that looks good too, i.e. coloured tyres or the ones with writing on them like the pro's :whistle:

Stupid questions over!

Anth

John90

Über Member
Doing my charity ride next sunday and currently dont have any spare inner tubes or tyres for my bike!

I'm looking to purchase a set incase the inevitable happens.

The bike currently has; Specialized Mondos (700 x 23).

I've had a look on various sites and (Edinburgh Co-Op & Wiggle), and the amount of different tyres, treads and colours baffle me!

I want something of similar quality and something that looks good too, i.e. coloured tyres or the ones with writing on them like the pro's :whistle:

Anth

I've no idea what the best tyre is (except to quote the usual Marathon Plus mantra), however you definitely need to get at least one inner tube and a puncture repair kit asap.

PpPete

Legendary Member
Personally I find Marathons like riding through treacle.... and not sure they come in 23?

These are my current favorites.
Or these as a budget option

Pump them up to maximum pressure and you are quite unlikely to need your spare tube or PRK

Top Bottom