Newbies looking for cycling club(s)...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jay

I've just taken delivery of my new bike and intend to get some miles in prior to attempting some sportives from march. A mate has dug his old bike out from BITD and is up for the challenge as well.

Does anybody know of any clubs based in the Sleaford/Lincoln and the Howden/Goole areas which have a more social than race outlook?

Cheers!

jimboalee

Google BCF, and go to their 'clubs' index. :tongue:

Soltydog

Legendary Member
jay said:
Does anybody know of any clubs based in the Sleaford/Lincoln and the Howden/Goole areas which have a more social than race outlook?

Cheers!

There's a few of us on here that go out for social rides around east yorks, although we normally start around Hull if that's any use to you. Nothing planned at the moment, although there is a 100 miler in the pipeline for Feb, prob Hull - Beverley - York - Selby - Hull :tongue:

OP
OP
J

jay

Sounds good to me, have you got a sticky or anything to organise the rides? Hull's easy enough, can def do weekends from the area. Might not be able to keep up for the full 100 but I'll give it a try and have the mrs stood by with the car!

Just need to fit my bar tape now....:tongue:

Soltydog

Legendary Member
Just started a thread here

It should be a fairly flat ride, so quite easy as 100 mile rides go. We wont be going too fast either. I think this weekend we averaged about 13.5mph, but we were slowed for the first couple of hours by the conditions.
Someone else may organise a shorter ride soon, just keep an eye out :biggrin:

Top Bottom