NewMember

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PsychoRider

Über Member
Hey everybody,thought i'd say hello as i have just joined this forum. I recently bought a Schwinn Fastback Comp(online store --:tongue: NEVER AGAIN :tongue:) after riding a Mercian for the last 14years, its done me proud seeing me through a local hill climb of the A57 Snake Pass in 18mins, 10mTTs (cant remember best time) plus 25mTTs the best being 1h14mins,leisure rides with one year way back when covering 10,000miles and recently commuting to work everyday(car only did 2k in two years) i need to get rid mainly for space but as its a classic frame - unfortunately not in the best of conditions - i'd be sorry to see it go(probably local tip:sad:) As i mentioned i have a serious lack of space, the Mercian and my Scott FX2 full susser reside in the kitchen with the Schwinn sat in front of the fireplace:biggrin::wacko:.

Now i've bored you all i shall carry on floating about this site, take it easy all. See ya.

Welcome along, PsychoRider!

There's plenty of good advice here, but it seems you know what you're talking about, unlike the rest of us, a lot of the others!
Don't just float, though, get involved, especially on the CC cafe; plenty going on there! :tongue:

jassy-x

..welcome psychoRider....just a newbie myself and thought I knew a wee bit about bikes .....until I started mixing with these guys!!!!...by the looks of it things you won't feel out of place!!!

OP
OP
PsychoRider

PsychoRider

Über Member
Thanks for the welcomes, welcome to you too jassy-x...sure you will come away learning something new everyday lo your head will be a mess with infoxx(

Danny

Legendary Member
Welcome.

Don't take your Merican to the tip - I am sure there are plenty of people who would want to do it up if the frame is still sound. Why not put an add in the For Sale section or try and flog it through eBay.

OP
OP
PsychoRider

PsychoRider

Über Member
Dannyg said:
Welcome.

Don't take your Merican to the tip - I am sure there are plenty of people who would want to do it up if the frame is still sound. Why not put an add in the For Sale section or try and flog it through eBay.
I did think that, but i always like to sell stuff in good condition,it isnt that bad the components have seen their day,
Shimano 500 calipers,
Campag Veloce crank,
Campag Athena rear mech n brake levers,
Selle Italia Flite Titanium saddle,
Fir rims(definitely need changing)
Also thought about doing it up myself with living near the Mercian base but couldnt justify the cost suppose i should enquire first..probably put it on Ebay and let the bids begin........just so many memories:wacko:

Danny

Legendary Member
A friend of mine just spent three months restoring a Mercian - he was happy to have a classic frame and fit all new components.

OP
OP
PsychoRider

PsychoRider

Über Member
Dannyg said:
A friend of mine just spent three months restoring a Mercian - he was happy to have a classic frame and fit all new components.
Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr DannyG your talkin me into keeping it lmao.....now im thinkin do the frame up looking like new then use it for the turbo trainer so the components don't matter keeping the cost down and keeping her in the family for longer:idea:

Top Bottom