Next years Etape Du Tour anyone?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Nuno Woolmez

Hello all,

I will be registering for next years Etape Du Tour in October & was just wondering if anyone fancied joining? I will be looking to do one of the tour package deals as this cuts out all the logistical problems (La Fuga or French Cycling Holidays seem best) over a DIY jobby. Not looking for anyone in particular, experienced or not - it doesn't matter, just anyone up for the challenge & experience. I'm still looking for a local club to join & none of my colleagues or friends are cyclists, anyone fancy it?

All replies welcome, cheers for reading.

Ali (London)

Ball

Hi Ali,

I see you're based in Hampstead? That's not far from me at all I'm in Hendon.

I would love to tackle something like the etape but isn't it incredibly difficult to get a place, requiring a doctor's certificate amongst other things? As soon as they announce the route though I will definitely look into it.

Have you had any luck finding a club? I've been meaning to go out with these for a long time but my summer has been too busy:

http://www.gregarios.co.uk/cycling-clubs/cycling-london-watford-middlesex-herts.html

Would you want to join me on a ride up to them one Sunday?

Tom

Hello all,

I will be registering for next years Etape Du Tour in October & was just wondering if anyone fancied joining? I will be looking to do one of the tour package deals as this cuts out all the logistical problems (La Fuga or French Cycling Holidays seem best) over a DIY jobby. Not looking for anyone in particular, experienced or not - it doesn't matter, just anyone up for the challenge & experience. I'm still looking for a local club to join & none of my colleagues or friends are cyclists, anyone fancy it?

All replies welcome, cheers for reading.

Ali (London)

Just replied to your PM. I'm not sure I'd be up for the Etape but if you want a cycling buddy I'm also in the general region of Hampstead (although technically I'm just south of Budgens which apparently makes it chalk farm!). I'm not super speedy but I'm not slow :whistle:

Gregarios look good, might have to try that sometime!

Ball

I think as we're all so close we should all head out for a ride some time. Sorry if I'm totally third wheeling here (is that the origin of the expression?). And Gregarios look well worth a try I think.

I'm heading down to hyde park corner for the CC sunday morning ride this Sunday, fancy joining? I'll be leaving just before 9 to pick up a mate en route at regents park. Usually end up doing 35-40 miles and back in time for lunch.

Ball

In theory, I am very up for this. In practice, I will be out on Saturday night and the early Sunday start might be beyond me. But I'm free most evenings and usually weekends are good for me too.

I'm heading down to hyde park corner for the CC sunday morning ride this Sunday, fancy joining? I'll be leaving just before 9 to pick up a mate en route at regents park. Usually end up doing 35-40 miles and back in time for lunch.

In theory, I am very up for this. In practice, I will be out on Saturday night and the early Sunday start might be beyond me. But I'm free most evenings and usually weekends are good for me too.

I think hangovers are expected! I will definitely be worse for wear, but it's not too speedy so I've coped so far, as long as I get out of bed on time! I'm almost always late so I have to bomb it to the meet point! Some post-work laps of Regents Park on week nights could work too.

OP
OP
N

Nuno Woolmez

Hello, thanks for the replies. Apologies for late reply. Ball, great news that you'd be up for the Etape. Don't worry about getting a place...'I know a man' as they say! About Sunday, I was planning to do an Evans ride it event on Sunday as a bit of a prep ride for the Brighton 100 in a few weeks. However, I'd be up for a ride sometime next week (Weds or Thurs). Even if it was just to meet up & say go for a short ride, at least we could all meet each other & talk 'bike' & maybe plan something for another time? However, if this is not convenient, I can hatch a contingency plan whereby I could free myself for this Sunday. It would be nice to meet up. Another thing...I don't have my own computer so have to use t'internet cafe's. Not the best. I will leave my mobile at the bottom so you can catch me on that if a solid plan is struck!

TTFN, Ali

Mob: 07968 585 090

Hello, thanks for the replies. Apologies for late reply. Ball, great news that you'd be up for the Etape. Don't worry about getting a place...'I know a man' as they say! About Sunday, I was planning to do an Evans ride it event on Sunday as a bit of a prep ride for the Brighton 100 in a few weeks. However, I'd be up for a ride sometime next week (Weds or Thurs). Even if it was just to meet up & say go for a short ride, at least we could all meet each other & talk 'bike' & maybe plan something for another time? However, if this is not convenient, I can hatch a contingency plan whereby I could free myself for this Sunday. It would be nice to meet up. Another thing...I don't have my own computer so have to use t'internet cafe's. Not the best. I will leave my mobile at the bottom so you can catch me on that if a solid plan is struck!

TTFN, Ali

Mob: 07968 585 090

I've got to go back home to Cambridge for a week or so to deal with some family stuff but I'm definitely up for a meet up when I'm back. Not sure whether or not I'll make next sunday but I'll there the one after and on the Southend ride.

Ball

Cool, so why don't we say not this week but next, we'll go for a Wednesday or Thursday evening ride around Regents Park?

I've got to go back home to Cambridge for a week or so to deal with some family stuff but I'm definitely up for a meet up when I'm back. Not sure whether or not I'll make next sunday but I'll there the one after and on the Southend ride.

OP
OP
N

Nuno Woolmez

Okay I'd be up for that, but could only make the Weds evening as I am working Thurs eve. I was planning to do the Brighton 100 on the 26th, but I could scrap this if we can all meet up & there are a couple of other rides the Sunday after I could do as an alternative anyway. Ball can you make that Sunday, the 26th? By the sounds of it Becs can. If so I think we have some sort of plan!

Okay I'd be up for that, but could only make the Weds evening as I am working Thurs eve. I was planning to do the Brighton 100 on the 26th, but I could scrap this if we can all meet up & there are a couple of other rides the Sunday after I could do as an alternative anyway. Ball can you make that Sunday, the 26th? By the sounds of it Becs can. If so I think we have some sort of plan!

Some mates and I were actually thinking about doing this next wednesday anyway so we should be able to get quite a group together (hopefully, they have a habit of bailing!). Would 6ish at the inner circle cafe work?

Top Bottom