Nice for a change...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Arch

Married to Night Train
Riding in this morning, approaching the back of a queue of traffic, I noticed the 4x4 at the back of the queue steer out to the right a little bit - the only reason I could see for doing so was to let me filter up the inside. Cheers!

Although I was turning right at the lights, so I just sat behind him in primary. Still, it's the thought that counts.

(assuming he wasn't doing it just to protect his paintwork, but let's give the benefit of the doubt;)).

Tharg2007

Veteran
i get that quite allot, I always assume its someone who also rides a bike.

Matty

This is often done by good drivers as a sign of 'yes I've seen you', irrespective of whether or not you are intending to filter.

Arch said:
Riding in this morning, approaching the back of a queue of traffic, I noticed the 4x4 at the back of the queue steer out to the right a little bit - the only reason I could see for doing so was to let me filter up the inside. Cheers!

Oddly enough i did this in my Taxi this morning whilst driving out of Exeter and i got a cheery wave from the cyclist for it :sad:

Simon

BrumJim

Forum Stalwart (won't take the hint and leave...)
I usually steer to the left a bit to give them space to filter up the outside. Although this applies more often to motorbikes more than cyclists.

And usually get a brief wave of thanks.

Tharg2007

Veteran
I am Spartacus said:
Chavvie maladjusted types drive into the gutter however.
This allows more room to pass on the out which thwarts their evil plan

haha yes, and then if traffic starts moving a good primary spot in front of them adds a little salt in the wound :smile:

fruitbat said:
Or they might be cyclists and be thinking "Don't undertake here and suffer a left hook"

I often position the truck so cyclists can't filter up the inside of it for precisely that reason. Although the problem with a truck isd that if you actually are turning left you need to be in teh right hand lane to give yourself room for the trailer, thereby allowing room for people like the chap I saw in Cardiff one morning to undertake you as the lights turn green while your left hand indicator is flashing.B)

Christopher

Über Member
just before Xmas I was riding along a narrow road, just room enough for one car. I forced an oncoming Ford car to completely stop (well it was my right of way, it was all parked cars were on my right). As I approached it, I saw the driver winding the window down. Oho, here comes the abuse, I thought, only for the driver to say "Watch out for the ice on the bridge ahead". Nearly fell off, I was so surprised! Nice chap, though.

Christopher

Über Member
just before Xmas I was riding along a narrow road, just room enough for one car. I forced an oncoming Ford car to completely stop (well it was my right of way, it was all parked cars were on my right). As I approached it, I saw the driver winding the window down. Oho, here comes the abuse, I thought, only for the driver to say "Watch out for the ice on the bridge ahead". Nearly fell off, I was so surprised! Nice chap, though.

Top Bottom