Nice weather for Ducks!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sittingduck

Legendary Member
Bad news is... It's really hammering it down out there - thunder, lightning, torrential rain etc.

Good news is... I'm already home :biggrin: Was on annual leave Yesterday and for some reason decided to fit my new SKS mudguards that had been lying round since delivery to my road bike. Must have been a premenition as they came in useful Today :eek:

Be careful out there!
SD

Bigtwin

It's been pissisisisting here since about 1130 this morning.

I know it was that time as it was start time for first race of my son's sports day.

3 races and it was all over till next year. On the plus side, some good wet T-shirt action amongst the yummy mummies though.

Goffins

I got hit by a monsoon at 2:15pm, it has been on and off torrential for the last few hours now.

I hit one road and I mis-judged the depth and my feet were submurged completely on the down stroke, glad I made it through, was damn fun though.

Bigtwin

Twanger said:
Sitting in my office deciding whether to cycle or not...the thunder seems to be blown out. What's it like dahn sarf? Still raining?

Right now - roads soaking, sun shining, but raining quite heavily. Take your pick really.

Edit - scrub that - now chucking it down again.

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
Really heavy rain just before I left work, then a clap of thunder and the lights went out.

Got changed and left, still raining. By the time I rolled out of the site it had stopped. Still got wet feet from the standing water being thrown up by the traffic.

monkeyjo

I was caught in a bloody hailstorm on the way home from work tonight. Size of golf balls they were!

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Waaahaaaayyyyyyyy !!!!

Showered just as I was getting changed, then stopped.... OK - overshoes and waterproof top - shorts, no overtrousers.

Roads dry....booo....:sad:.......got about two miles from work and the heaven's opened... All lights on, including my new fibre flare thingy's on the rucksack.....could hardly see - roads turned to rivers, feet soaked...whoooo..... was great....:becool: Totally flooded the area - talking major junctions under 6 inches, floods of water pouring out of drains, then rode up a torrent up the hill towards home. Soaked to bits :wacko:......

Showered, stuff in washing machine, and bike washed and chain lubed in minutes (advantage of fixed)....sorted.

purplepolly

It was very wet going into work but that was nothing compared to the way home. Halfway back and it started to rain lightly, then a bit more, then heavier. Then skies darkened and suddenly it was like having a constant chain of buckets full of water thrown over me. Thunder roared, lighting lit up the skies, rivers ran down the roads and huge ponds formed at the junctions

About 5 minutes walk from home I gave up and pushed because visibility was too poor without windscreen wipers for my glasses.

When I got home I stood outside wringing out my gloves, took the bike into the hallway and then went back to the front door, took off my shoes and emptied the water outside.

Twanger

Über Member
I cycled in the end...thanks for the updates....totally dry all the way home. Left about 6.30 from Marylebone and took it slowly, got back to Crystal Palace about 7.30. Still dry. Almost. One wet sock.

Lots of traffic, lots of jams, lots of sirens. Endless sirens.

rusky

CC Addict
Left work in a torrential downpour in shorts, t-shirt & hi-viz showerproof jacket (for the hi-viz, I knew I was going to get wet!).

Was soaked to the skin after 200yds. at one point I hit a puddle that came up the the BB.

Loved it especially as I was going with the tide most of the time!

Breedon

Legendary Member
Been lucky so far timed it just right, started to rain just as i got into work, even better it was spotting on my way home clouds getting darker and darker battling a head wind but just manged to get in just in time.

Top Bottom