Night ride: Oxford to the smoke?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PaulRide

Always at opposition
I have recently moved from That London out to rural Oxfordshire and so the lure of the FNRttC is fading slightly. And I am remembering the delights of riding in a small group from Oxford station to Paolo's in Acton, and wondering if anyone might be interest in a re-run.

If we were to bend the route south a little to take in Watlington Hill or Howe Hill, I might be able to prove a half way stop at our modest crenellated place at Shirburn.

Thinking about dates from late July onwards, either a Friday or a Saturday night. Let me know if you might be interested - I can then start forming up details.

topcat1

vintage Mercian 2012
Hello Paul, i've done a couple of those rides, the last one i did was with @Fab Foodie which was great. I think the main interest came from yacf not many on cc did it. I'm interested though only available 11/12 aug or 1/2 sept. How bad are those hills?

Edit 1 sept fnrttc Felpham, i'll probably do this.

Last edited:

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Great to see this being done again!
My centre of gravity moved last year from Abingdon to Deal so I've no longer be able to do this lovely night ride. Yes it was very originally started by Rogerzilla on YACF and I then adopted it.
Worth posting on London Brompton Club too and Abingdon Freewheeling.

The approximate route (without the Smalldean lane 'wall') is here:
https://ridewithgps.com/routes/8807812

If you are planning to stop at Cafe Paulo, please let him know and he will bring in reinforcements to get the food out quickly. He's always happy to see us.
I'll put it in my diary and if I can make it I will :-)

Cheers
FF

OP
OP
PaulRide

PaulRide

Always at opposition
Aha, I was wondering if there might be a residual Abingdon contingent but alas, the lure of Kent has won.

Is Oranj around these days? And was there a chap called Dynamo or something, had a white YACF jersey? Might also summon MattC and Iddu if they're around.

Still at basic planning stage, will provide an update when I can.

Top Bottom